Live!! Birthday Bermuda Cruise! 70 and 40! 9/4 MSC Meraviglia YC

Mycykfamilytime

On 9/1/2023 at 1:38 PM, JamieLogical said:

Also do the double and triple check when you disembark! I once left my passport, cash, and all my jewelry in the safe on a Celebrity cruise. What a nightmare that was! I missed my flight home.

I put a post-it-note in my suitcase that reminds me to check the safe.  Then when I go to repack I see the neon green reminder.

• Like 1

Two French champagnes included in the YC drink package.   I asked if I bought another one not included if I’d have to pay the full price or pay the difference and I got two different answers.   I’ll test it out when I haven’t had so much to drink and I’ll better appreciate what I may or may not have to pay for.  Chambord Royal included.  

7D6219CB-EAED-47B2-B378-03F4C7B23B7C.jpeg

094B07F9-10CD-45E6-BC82-BFDE27DEAB54.jpeg

AD74851C-D393-4021-8C0F-10D4DB093390.jpeg

The show “cool” was… loud…and colorful.   I think a lot of the performers were really good it was just kinda hard to tell behind the pink plastic hair, fluorescent feather coats, and bleeding ears.

One standout was a couple of Latin dancers who were honestly amazing.   My Mom asked where the female dancer was from and it was Colombia which makes a lot of sense.  Her figure though 😍.  #lifegoals!!  

The real party was the 70’s dancing in the atrium.  The ceiling changes are fun.  

Edited by Mycykfamilytime

Coffee in the room and breakfast on deck!  They also made me a fresh egg but I cut into it before taking a pic.  (I’m still learning).  No one wants to see egg smoosh.  

We met a lovely couple who wished my Mom a happy birthday after reading the blog so it’s nice to see a few of you are following along!!! At a minimum, I told my husband to come here for pics since texting pics is almost impossible.  

A2EA416C-97D7-4517-9094-ED08D057703B.jpeg

F7C401AA-77F3-42F4-89B0-2E0D0117F0DF.jpeg

C246EC9F-AA61-45AB-A69D-ACBE4771B2EC.jpeg

Yesterday we didn’t do much but explore the ship and marvel at the New York skyline.   We met a lovely local couple who knew all the beach names and islands.  After we left the Big Apple behind, we unpacked and rested.   I explored the ship and then we got ready for dinner!  

Today, so far, is breakfast on deck then the Captains reception at the Top Sail at 10:45.     Chat with you then!   

12 hours ago, Mycykfamilytime said:

He also said that there are 4,450 guests.  127 Italy, 240 Canadians, 245 from China, 403 Misc.  the rest from the States.    

Definitely making inroads with the US market.  Our first MSC cruise in 2018 out of Miami, over half the ship were Europeans.  We liked it because it felt like we were in Europe instead of an extension of the US.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Selion said:

Definitely making inroads with the US market.  Our first MSC cruise in 2018 out of Miami, over half the ship were Europeans.  We liked it because it felt like we were in Europe instead of an extension of the US.

Yes, same with us!  Back when they still had mini operas.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Selion said:

Same for us. Our first with MSC was on Seaside in January 2019, and we loved the European feel of the ship.