*LIVE* From the Norwegian Encore – 7-Night Alaska with Glacier Bay 9/03/2023

BirdTravels

13 minutes ago, FlGoodShips said:

What hotel do you stay?

Never been to Seattle..could use some advice.

Thank you

The Bird stays at The Charter Hotel by Hilton. It is about two blocks from Pikes Place market, so there is a lot of places for food and a Starbucks on every corners (including the original Starbucks shop). 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, amygutman said:

@Sand and Seas Excuse my ignorance...."guests" vs "passengers"? 

Warmest Amy

It is a somewhat cryptic message between @BirdTravels and @Sand and Seas that we understand regarding guests onboard this week. And the impacts of some of the changes in NCL since the pandemic. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 3

Thank you so much for posting all this info! I’ll be on this exact cruise in October and am not particularly familiar with the brand. I have only cruised with Norwegian once…so I guess you would consider me a ….*gasp “passenger” 😬😉 I must admit, I do appreciate the fact I am considered a “guest” on other lines. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, durberville said:

Thank you so much for posting all this info! I’ll be on this exact cruise in October and am not particularly familiar with the brand. I have only cruised with Norwegian once…so I guess you would consider me a ….*gasp “passenger” 😬😉 I must admit, I do appreciate the fact I am considered a “guest” on other lines. 

So,,, if you have any specific questions, please ask and The Bird will try to find an answer. 

• Like 1

You are on vacation on a minder cruise ship with the family. And you need some mommy and daddy alone time, make sure to enroll the kiddos in the Splash Academy. Enrollment is on embarkation day on Deck 5. Make sure the kiddos go to the academy on the first night to make friends for the cruise. 
IMG_8268.thumb.jpeg.5cb08351c6dde780cc0c45605facb930.jpegIMG_8271.thumb.jpeg.9de78f48f3058d078ffac7d8684c4f92.jpeg

IMG_8272.jpeg

IMG_8273.jpeg

IMG_8274.jpeg

IMG_8275.jpeg

IMG_8278.jpeg

IMG_8277.jpeg

IMG_8279.jpeg

IMG_8433.jpeg

IMG_8434.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You can also get a Thermal Suite pass for $239. 

ProTip: the Spa technicians will always quote you the Deluxe Thermal Suite that includes three scrubs. If you just want the thermal suite, save $50 and ask for the non-Deluxe Thermal Suite. 

Day passes, sold at the discretion of the spa on the slowest port days, are $79 per day. 

IMG_8314.jpegIMG_8308.thumb.jpeg.2f693fab86ba2b640daf27552cebf7cf.jpeg

IMG_8316.jpeg

IMG_8322.jpeg

IMG_8328.jpeg

IMG_8329.jpeg

IMG_8323.jpeg

IMG_8324.jpeg

IMG_8336.jpeg

IMG_8335.jpeg

IMG_8339.jpeg

IMG_8338.jpeg

IMG_8330.jpeg

IMG_8340.jpeg

IMG_8341.jpeg

IMG_8342.jpeg

IMG_8343.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 4

@BirdTravels Thank you for posting this live report. I'm closely following it so I know what to expect for this weekend when I get onboard.

Can anyone use the TJ's luggage service? That would work perfectly for when I get back from the cruise to store my luggage before I head to the hotel. Is the crew shop only open to crew (just wondering in case any last minute things are needed).

Other than that, great report so far.