Beverage package on sale

Bo1331

We just got an email from AZ regarding 20% off on their ultimate liquor package upgrade which expires Sept 6.  We’re on the Oct cruise for Croatia and wanted to upgrade when we get onto the ship.  How often do they do this. 

Buyer beware! Just off Journey where many of the wines advertised in the package were unavailable. As a result it was not worth it to us. However, if you only paying to upgrade, and will also get the discount, maybe it’s a good deal for you. But we were very disappointed and were told AZ is redoing all the wines. This also may vary ship to ship — depends on what they have on hand.

• Thanks 2

I was on the Onward in January of this year.  I had the Ultimate Beverage package and, yes, several of the wines listed were not available.  My experience was that the substitutions were superior to the listed wines.  One Cabernet Sauvignon offered as a sub was priced at $75/bottle at my local giant liquor store when I returned home.  No complaints with any of the wines.

• Like 3

Here’s a copy of the email

logo-na

FIND A JOURNEY     |     DEALS     |     DESTINATIONS

obr-bothiandb-amenities-090223

Dear BOHDAN,

Now through September 6, 2023, you can save 20%* on the Ultimate Beverage or Unlimited Internet Package. Whether you want to enjoy exquisite wines and cocktails or want to share your favorite memories of your cruise in real-time, we have the perfect package to make your voyage truly exceptional.

Book your package today to take advantage of this limited-time offer.

Change The Way You Sea

obr-howtobook-090223

5 hours ago, Bo1331 said:

Here’s a copy of the email

logo-na

FIND A JOURNEY     |     DEALS     |     DESTINATIONS

obr-bothiandb-amenities-090223

Dear BOHDAN,

Now through September 6, 2023, you can save 20%* on the Ultimate Beverage or Unlimited Internet Package. Whether you want to enjoy exquisite wines and cocktails or want to share your favorite memories of your cruise in real-time, we have the perfect package to make your voyage truly exceptional.

Book your package today to take advantage of this limited-time offer.

Change The Way You Sea

obr-howtobook-090223

I boarded Onward on September 3. I received that email 2 days before boarding. I tried to access my account and add it, but was unable to access account because I was too close to sailing. I was already in Europe at the time, so didn’t want to try to reach Azamara via phone. Once onboard, I asked about it, and was told (as I expected) that it needs to be purchased in advance to qualify for that sale price. No worries, we still upgraded and received a loyalty discount; not as much, but what we were expecting. 
So, if you want it, do it in advance. 

• Like 1

I tried to add this online yesterday and was not able to see the discount applied so I did not complete the purchase. I called Azamara yesterday but they were not able to access my trip because I had been in there minutes before. They asked me to call back.

I just called AZ and the system can’t apply the discount.  They have to escalate the discount to another group to get this done but it may take 1-2 days.  My advice is to call them and not your TA.  BTW others are in the same boat as us but they’re working on it.  They guaranteed me we’ll get it.  This is nuts.  Had we know the IT issue AZ has we probably would have not booked our cruise.  Hopefully things will be OK when get on board.  

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bo1331 said:

I just called AZ and the system can’t apply the discount.  They have to escalate the discount to another group to get this done but it may take 1-2 days.  My advice is to call them and not your TA.  BTW others are in the same boat as us but they’re working on it.  They guaranteed me we’ll get it.  This is nuts.  Had we know the IT issue AZ has we probably would have not booked our cruise.  Hopefully things will be OK when get on board.  

And for the Internet package in the same email, I was told that this would not be combinable with anything you get for status or cabin.

5 minutes ago, Bo1331 said:

I just got my invoice fromAZ and I got the Ultimate with the 20% off.  I was told if you ordered it thru your account on the web site you would not get the discount.  Nuts.

Crazy and inconsistent into is flying right and left with this offer!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bo1331 said:

I just got my invoice fromAZ and I got the Ultimate with the 20% off.  I was told if you ordered it thru your account on the web site you would not get the discount.  Nuts.

I wish they would leave these sale offers alone for the time being and concentrate on the disastrous website and giving guests the ability to successfully navigate the most basic functions such as booking shore excursions without fear of having obc accounting issues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In all my years of cruising on Azamara, I have never seen one of these Bev packages sales.  I have seen it on Celebrity, however!  But Azamara is now “divorced” from RCCL.  
It’s all very interesting, but to offer this sale and then make it unbookable……..it’s ridiculous to the extreme!  Does anybody test to make sure the sale can be booked before sending out the offer?! 

Edited by takemewithyou
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Belfastman said:

The Ultimate package is still the same price as it has been for the past three or four years.

Interesting…after your post I went back on the website and the ultimate package is $23.95 per day, just has its been for a while.  An hour ago, it was showing as $26.95 per day and it was $8 more than the premium package.  Under my Add-Ons, it’s working out to $26.95 per day…weird.

Edited by BuddyR

Just now, Belfastman said:

The Ultimate package is still the same price as it has been for the past three or four years.

Looked about an hour ago and the prices were the same as before, just gone back to check and the prices have been increased. Premium package has gone from $16.95 to $18.95 and the Ultimate from $23.95 to $26.95 presumably the upgrade from Premium to Ultimate will now be $8.

Can’t say I’m surprised as I was expecting an increase given the way prices have been rising worldwide, actually thought it would happen sooner.

As an aside I’ve noticed that with the new website most changes happen on Tuesday, must be the day Versonix work on Azamara business.

2 minutes ago, BuddyR said:

Interesting…after your post I went back on the website and the ultimate package is $23.95 per day, just has its been for a while.  An hour ago, it was showing as $26.95 per day and it was $8 more than the premium package.

Was the reverse for me, presumably the update is in progress.