Free Burgers??

Scubadoc

28 minutes ago, jeh10641 said:

I realize that the original question was about no extra cost burgers so no need for a discussion over free /no extra charge in this thread. Since Celebrity burgers were brought up, I will give a strong vote for the "free" poolside burgers/fries/shakes (the last not free) on HAL ships.

Jim

Actually, the original question asked about 'free' burgers, hence the ensuing discussion. But I think we've thoroughly beat that dead horse, and we can move on now. 😉

24 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

Actually, the original question asked about 'free' burgers, hence the ensuing discussion. But I think we've thoroughly beat that dead horse, and we can move on now. 😉

We could move on but you won't leave the poor dead horse alone!

• Haha 4

• 3 months later...

Random thoughts: 

- I think burgers are always available at Windjammer at lunch and dinner.  I don't choose burgers often onboard, but they're good ... not the best I've ever had, but certainly good.  

- "Burger of the Day" seems to be a popular choice.  

- I don't think walking into the Windjammer is all that difficult a task ... it's quite close to the pools.  

- I've never had to fight anyone to get food at Windjammer.  Sure, I've waited in line, but I have never encountered difficulties such as some people whine about.  

- I don't understand why anyone buys burgers at Johnny Rockets when they're free in Windjammer.  

- This discussion of free vs. included in the ticket price shows that some people here will fuss over anything.  

• Like 2

On 9/4/2023 at 10:55 AM, 2chiefs said:

Windjammer burgers are not very good in my opinion.

You can walk up and request a freshly grilled puck for your burger anytime.  I've done it.  The only reason they are normally not tasty is that they've sat there for an hour.  And tell them you want the cheese melted too.  They'll grill them that way.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

My 16 yo granddaughter would disagree. She made several trips to Playmakers and never paid a dime. She considers her sea pass card a no limit freebe.

Trust me, you paid for those burgers up front (with your cruise fares). 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

You can walk up and request a freshly grilled puck for your burger anytime.  I've done it.  The only reason they are normally not tasty is that they've sat there for an hour.  And tell them you want the cheese melted too.  They'll grill them that way.

Eh, burgers are probably the single most popular item at lunch each day.  They're not sitting around for an hour; they turn over pretty quickly.  

26 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

Trust me, you paid for those burgers up front (with your cruise fares). 😉

Definitely!  

Edited by Mum2Mercury

On 9/4/2023 at 1:15 PM, KroozNut said:

As a general comment here, we all need to remember that nothing is ever 'free' on any cruise ship, or any cruise line.

Some items (including some food items) are offered at no additional charge (included with the cruise fare), while other items incur an additional charge at point of sale onboard the ship.

It is the 'included with the cruise fare' items that some folks confuse with and incorrectly characterize as 'free'. 🙂

Whatever.  You know what they meant, but couldn't resist a lecture what "free" means to you.....

• Like 2

On 9/4/2023 at 2:17 PM, KroozNut said:

Maybe, but using the term 'free' when describing anything on a cruise ship might very well confuse some newbie cruisers.

I think everyone (even newbies) understands what "free" means in this context. No need to be pedantic about it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, bretts173 said:

So your saying every item of food on board has a price. That smoked salmon I won't eat I am paying for too? 

Yes, anything Royal buys is figured into your cruise fare. Something special like Specialty dining is sold to you as a option...+ 18%. Even the cost of ice cubes is part of your total fare.  You are also paying for the10 free drinks a day my wife and I get as D+. That being said is does not cost you much for the Salmon you don't eat as 6000 guests pick up the cost.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Yes, anything Royal buys is figured into your cruise fare. Something special like Specialty dining is sold to you as a option...+ 18%. Even the cost of ice cubes is part of your total fare.  You are also paying for the10 free drinks a day my wife and I get as D+. That being said is does not cost you much for the Salmon you don't eat as 6000 guests pick up the cost.

Okay... go stand in the with knutz! Enough nonsense. ,-)

• Like 1