Live From The Carnival Freedom: Crossing the Atlantic for a New Whale Tail

jam19872016

After dinner it was back to the room where we tried to find something,  anything on the TV but we've given up.

I'm never one to drag our the last night trying to squeeze out every minute of the trip. I need my sleep too much to try and function after staying out all night.

I'm going to lay down now and try and get some sleep. The anxiety tends to make it hard to sleep on the last night, but after my night last night I'm pretty tired so maybe I'll get lucky. 

Good night everyone. 

• Like 17

6 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

How's the weather on your return crossing? We definitely were reminded how lucky we were on the way over, it's been much rockier and ugly out than the crossing over.

Grand Turk? How exotic 🤣 

Weather seems close to what you have experienced, definitely rockier than the first leg but really not that bad. It did become overcast today so maybe some rain coming. Warm though. 

• Like 1

Good morning from Por Canaveral. 

Checked in for one final breakfast with a 10-20 minute wait.

Debarkation announcements started at 630. So far A-D have been called for self assist and 1-4 for Checked luggage. There were no priority groups. 

• Like 11

9 hours ago, lazydayz said:

Thanks again for taking us along for your great adventure.  Hope all goes smoothly tomorrow.  

Thanks.

I know to pack my patience getting off the ship. I'm more concerned about my car that I've left parked for two months. 

Is it still there? Will it crank after two months? 

Hopefully an Uber will be easy to get, never tried here but Miami and Mobile are a hassle.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Is it still there? Will it crank after two months? 

Hopefully an Uber will be easy to get, never tried here but Miami and Mobile are a hassle.

I live in the area but have never used Uber - but my friends use it all the time and their rides show up quickly.

Do you remember how to drive?

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

3 minutes ago, balcony bound said:

I live in the area but have never used Uber - but my friends use it all the time and their rides show up quickly.

Do you remember how to drive?

I think the issue is the huge increase in demand when a ship arrives. Hopefully this port would be set up for it, but you would think Miami would and it's a nightmare.

I never knew how to drive, but the state of Florida signed off on it anyway 😆 

• Haha 15

We're in the waiting area now. Up to luggage tag 14 and cooling our heels. I plan to wait until last call so that hopefully we can just walk right off but I may go ahead and go when they call tag 25 as my mom needs assistance today.  Her back is bothering her badly today.

• Like 9

31 minutes ago, balcony bound said:

Just wondering if the ducks got their own luggage?

18 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

Yes, I am also wondering how all of “Mom’s” purchases got packed. 

Final duck count was 38-52. 

She started with a large suitcase, carry in, and overnight bag.

She ended with that, plus a large paper Cunard bag and two tote bags she found on clearance. 

She sent all but the small bag and Cunard paperbag out last night.

I started with a large suitcase, and a beach bag. Had a backpack for a backup which I needed at a couple points but I did downsize back into my original bags. 

I still grossly overpacked. Part of it was because I needed an extra wardrobe on Cunard as u typically only pack t-shirts and shorts.

• Like 9