Quick question for my Oceania experts

rxlowry

Just embarked Insignia now and found two KN95s in our room.  Is this standard for O?  We had them given to us on cruises in 2021-early 22 on other lines.  I read reports of low service on other sites and now wondering if there’s been some outbreaks.  It won’t dampen my cruise but I’m curious if they always give them.  So far it’s been great!

• Like 1

Dear Fellow Cruisers:

We received KN95 masks on our June 2023 Insignia cruise and on our November 2022 Regatta cruise.  We used them in facilities with large headcounts (Horizons, GDR, show lounge and on tours).  We did not catch covid or any other respiratory infection.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No masks were provided on our June/July Marina cruises.  We were not sick before, during or after the cruise either.  There supposedly is an uptick in new COVID cases around the world so perhaps this has led to the distribution of the masks.  I'm glad to hear that they are being provided again, though not required.

No masks were provided on the Regatta in April and we DID get COVID. Lots of people were coughing by the end of the cruise. COVID infections are on the increase locally by me. We plan to mask up for our trips in November and December when in crowds or close quarters.

On 9/6/2023 at 8:15 PM, rxlowry said:

Just embarked Insignia now and found two KN95s in our room.  Is this standard for O?  We had them given to us on cruises in 2021-early 22 on other lines.  I read reports of low service on other sites and now wondering if there’s been some outbreaks.  It won’t dampen my cruise but I’m curious if they always give them.  So far it’s been great!

On Vista now.  No masks in rooms.  Very few being worn around the ship.  Coughing minimal.

Enjoy your Insignia cruise.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, ratflinger said:

Wow, never realized that coughing and sneezing was only caused by Covid.

You folks really need to go read some scientific studies on the viability of masks and virus particles.

Obviously coughing & sneezing may be caused by many conditions, infectious or not. The discussion centers on wearing masks to help prevent either catching or spreading Covid 19.

I’ve posted a link from Annals of Internal Medicine 6/23 reviewing literature addressing this question. Their conclusion is that masking MAY help in both the hospital & community settings, but more precise studies need to be done.

It appears from the tone of your post that you choose not to mask. Hopefully if you do catch Covid you at least quarantine out of respect for others.

https://doi.org/10.7326/M23-1120

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Vertygo said:

I’ve posted a link from Annals of Internal Medicine 6/23 reviewing literature addressing this question. Their conclusion is that masking MAY help in both the hospital & community settings, but more precise studies need to be done.

Yes, and I can certainly post links that claim the argument either way.  I merely want people to do their own research and to quit reacting in a knee-jerk manner.  If you want to wear a mask, then do so, but quit publicly panicking over it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, ORV said:

Please, let's not do this all over again. 

I can abide by that if others would quit coming here with Covid post.  If one is scared, then please stay at home.  Covid is never going away, no more than the common cold is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ratflinger said:

Yes, and I can certainly post links that claim the argument either way.  I merely want people to do their own research and to quit reacting in a knee-jerk manner.  If you want to wear a mask, then do so, but quit publicly panicking over it.

The OP simply asked if masks were being furnished by O. No one was “panicking”.

I agree people should do their own unbiased research. Also agree this discussion could go on adinfinitum unnecessarily. Please don’t fuel the fire.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Vertygo said:

I agree people should do their own unbiased research. Also agree this discussion could go on adinfinitum unnecessarily. Please don’t fuel the fire.

Ditto

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Vertygo said:

Thanks for understanding the aim of the post.  People can’t help themselves on this topic.  I figured it would maybe take that turn.  

• Like 1