San Francisco port ?

phabric

I have seen the sights in SF before but have never sailed out of SF. Need hotel for 1 night.

I have been thinking of a Holiday Inn hotel near the port and taking a taxi/Uber from airport to hotel and taxi/Uber to port.

Also thinking Best Western hotel near the airport, hotel shuttle to hotel and take shuttle back to airport and Princess transfer.

I have read taxi are expensive.

I have read that the port gets congested with vehicles.

Would a Princess transfer get through the port area better than a car?

26 minutes ago, phabric said:

I have seen the sights in SF before but have never sailed out of SF. Need hotel for 1 night.

I have been thinking of a Holiday Inn hotel near the port and taking a taxi/Uber from airport to hotel and taxi/Uber to port.

Also thinking Best Western hotel near the airport, hotel shuttle to hotel and take shuttle back to airport and Princess transfer.

If you are flying in to either SFO or OAK why not take Bart into the city?  If you stay in a hotel down by the port, and you are able to walk, you can possibly just walk to your hotel. If we come into the city early we Bart in and walk to the Hilton Financial District…which is actually just a block down from Chinatown. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, travellingnana said:

If you are flying in to either SFO or OAK why not take Bart into the city?  If you stay in a hotel down by the port, and you are able to walk, you can possibly just walk to your hotel. If we come into the city early we Bart in and walk to the Hilton Financial District…which is actually just a block down from Chinatown. 

Thanks for the suggestion.

Traveling with people that use canes and back issues so walking with luggage and on/off Bart with luggage might not be good.

1 hour ago, phabric said:

You could do the PCL transfer that way.  But we just took Uber from the Airport Hotel to the port.  It was not a problem.  

Check price on an Uber on your phone now, to give you an idea on the price.  

1 hour ago, phabric said:

No.