Whats the cheapest haven you paid for?

justacruiser1

The Haven was so much more inexpensive prior to the upsell market.  Prior to the upsell they would slash Haven cabins to fill them to occupancy. Now Haven cabins are set and only go up in price (for the most part) and there are secret bids that score pretty much what they would have originally sold for if not for more.

But to answer the question, 10 years ago I was able to book an Epic 2 bedroom suite sailing Feb 2013 for $2499 per person.  We had 5 people in the big cabin for only $5k which was $1k per person for a 7 day cruise.  This was not an upsell.  It was online price booked about 6 months in advance.

Those days are long over 😞

Edited by david_sobe
  • Like 2

We had a haven forward facing cabin for two, in Getaway for 7 nights for £3600 in total including grats.

This was sailing last year in March. 

There are bargains but you really need to search them out 

• Like 2

On our GEM cruise that ended 2 weeks ago we upgraded to a 2 bedroom haven from a club balcony for $2400 total for 2 persons.   13 day Mediterranean cruise. If haven rooms are vacant the price may go down dramatically.    We did a direct upgrade booking rather than bid.  The minimum bid price was $3200.  So upgrade bidding was more than a direct booking.  As always my experience varies  sometimes the prices don't do down.

Edited by davencl
  • Like 1

Our cheapest was a 9 day on the Pearl out of New Orleans in one of the front cabins that had two balconies.( owner's suites). $6900 total (including insurance and service charge) for two people which we thought was a bargain. It also  lots of extras too like 3 bottles of liquor, unlimited soda and mixers, etc.

• Like 1

Feb 2017 - our honeymoon - 7 nights out of Port Canaveral

We originally booked a Haven spa suite on Epic for around $5200. Called our cruise consultant about 2 weeks before embarkation and asked if there were any upgrades available. He moved us to a 2 bedroom family villa.

• Like 1

This was about 10 years ago, but I paid $3,800 (for the cabin, not per person) all in for a Spa Haven Suite on the Breakaway for a 7 day Bermuda cruise out of NYC.  That was before they tacked on the tips as extra cost for the drink package, also.

Gotta say, my current 2 Bedroom Suite on the Epic next month for 11 days using the recent 20% off coupons they were touting this Spring put my fare with fees, taxes, etc included was at $4,900...again for the cabin, not per person.  That's before OBC, Military discount and a rebate from my TA, which brought it down to ~$4,100.  I consider that really good, too.

There is no "upsell" with NCL.  You bid on cabins you may want.  I don't bother bidding any more.  If I want a cabin, I will book it.  If I see a reasonable upgrade rate, I'm on it.  

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 2

Our upcoming Haven cruise in November will be our first Haven experience, but still think we got a fantastic deal at $3560 for the cabin for 11days. See below overview, but keep in mind that we also used the triple offer and last week were able to get the cabin repriced and received $450 in FCC. 

image.thumb.png.48f56b1fcc53fdeb40cc359c81b4b7f6.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kasimir said:

Our upcoming Haven cruise in November will be our first Haven experience, but still think we got a fantastic deal at $3560 for the cabin for 11days. See below overview, but keep in mind that we also used the triple offer and last week were able to get the cabin repriced and received $450 in FCC. 

image.thumb.png.48f56b1fcc53fdeb40cc359c81b4b7f6.png

Great deal…curious, what was the promo to allow 3 CN certs vs the usual 2?

Edited by graphicguy

10 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Great deal…curious, what was the promo to allow 3 CN certs vs the usual 2?

Originally the trip was booked with the double offer (2 CN certs), but there was a "Triple Offer" promo in June and I was able to apply a third CN cert to the existing booking by giving NCL a call. 

• Like 2

This is not wxactly the answer to the question but I once won a cruise on the Jewel from a local radio station and Honda.  You did not have to be a Honda owner but I am.  

The local TA handling the res let me pay the difference to upgrade.  Yay. 

• Like 1