Going Live! Carnival Venezia NYC 🗽 Canada/NE B2B Sept 16-29

Haljo1935

4 minutes ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

So at this point are you wishing you chose a different ship for your B2B or are you feeling good about your choice?

I feel good about it. Full disclosure,  we didn't choose this ship, we booked almost 2 years ago (Dec '21) on Magic and were moved to this one.

We still have so much exploring to do, good thing we have another week.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

I feel good about it. Full disclosure,  we didn't choose this ship, we booked almost 2 years ago (Dec '21) on Magic and were moved to this one.

We still have so much exploring to do, good thing we have another week.

I think if you disliked the ship you’d probably be more irritated than those of us who booked it after the ship was changed.

I was just reading your comment in the post asking about Venezia positives. I’m 35 days away from boarding and feeling better about it every day!

• Like 1

Good morning,  NYC!!

It's Turnaround Day - we aren't changing cabins, but we will be getting off the ship to clear customs. We'll decide during breakfast if we"ll just come back on after doing "the kindergarten walk" or if we'll go out. We want to go to the singing waiter diner for lunch. https://www.ellensstardustdiner.com/ They have good food and it's the cheapest show on Broadway, lol. Mother Nature will decide for us; heavy rain = no go, light rain = diner food for lunch.

Soooo glad to hear the pax for 2nd leg are getting on so they'll get their chance to explore this very different ship.

20230923_051403.jpg

20230923_050547.jpg

20230923_052103.jpg

20230923_043822.jpg

Edited by Haljo1935
Upload
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Good morning,  NYC!!

It's Turnaround Day - we aren't changing cabins, but we will be getting off the ship to clear customs. We'll decide during breakfast if we"ll just come back on after doing "the kindergarten walk" or if we'll go out. We want to go to the singing waiter diner for lunch. https://www.ellensstardustdiner.com/ They have good food and it's the cheapest show on Broadway, lol. Mother Nature will decide for us; heavy rain = no go, light rain = diner food for lunch.

Soooo glad to hear the pax for 2nd leg are getting on so they'll get their chance to explore this very different ship.

20230923_051403.jpg

20230923_050547.jpg

20230923_052103.jpg

20230923_043822.jpg

I haven't heard of that Diner!  When I was young, single and poor, I worked at a place on 1st Avenue in NYC called "Something Different", across the street from "Catch A Rising Star". We were open from about 5 to 2am and we served mostly desserts and coffees and performed about 5 singing shows a night. On Sunday from 11-4 we had a children's brunch (bday parties, etc) and kids who were in entertainment would perform on stage while we served hot dogs and sodas.  It was a lot of fun! I think "Something Different" closed before the "Stardust Diner" opened.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

I haven't heard of that Diner!  When I was young, single and poor, I worked at a place on 1st Avenue in NYC called "Something Different", across the street from "Catch A Rising Star". We were open from about 5 to 2am and we served mostly desserts and coffees and performed about 5 singing shows a night. On Sunday from 11-4 we had a children's brunch (bday parties, etc) and kids who were in entertainment would perform on stage while we served hot dogs and sodas.  It was a lot of fun! I think "Something Different" closed before the "Stardust Diner" opened.

"Ellen's" has been around forever....a real tourist trap.  But the lines are long....all the way down the block, as far as the eye can see.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

"Ellen's" has been around forever....a real tourist trap.  But the lines are long....all the way down the block, as far as the eye can see.

Sounds like Serendipity 3!  First time my DDs, DH and I visited NYC together we all waited a while to get a table for frozen hot chocolates.  Very tasty!

3 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Sounds like Serendipity 3!  First time my DDs, DH and I visited NYC together we all waited a while to get a table for frozen hot chocolates.  Very tasty!

And probably the most expensive frozen hot chocolate ever.  But that (don't know if it's still there) was more of an expensive hang out for rich locals and private school kids.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

I think if you disliked the ship you’d probably be more irritated than those of us who booked it after the ship was changed.

I was just reading your comment in the post asking about Venezia positives. I’m 35 days away from boarding and feeling better about it every day!

I've now posted additional comments on there - we are very happy we're on this ship and fully support your decision to cruise Venezia!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1