Classic Drink Package

palmsandpines

My wife and I are not big drinkers but we upgraded to the classic beverage package. Not sure if it won't really be worth it or not. I'm curious about what mixed drinks you are allowed to order on the classic package? Can't find that on the Celebrity site. Thank you! 

13 hours ago, hcat said:

OP

if you order a drink that costs more than the Classic allowance  you will be charged only  the diff in.price plus the extra grat.

Unless you order San Pellegrino or other specialty waters--you must pay full price for those even with the classic package.  

22 minutes ago, basenji56 said:

Unless you order San Pellegrino or other specialty waters--you must pay full price for those even with the classic package.  

I don't know the price of a Pellegrino bottle. So, what happens when I have the Classic and wish to purchase a bottle, how much will I pay? 

1 minute ago, Jose Zalfadilla said:

I don't know the price of a Pellegrino bottle. So, what happens when I have the Classic and wish to purchase a bottle, how much will I pay? 

The full price of the the small bottle.  Not sure of the exact amount, but at least $3-4.  

• Thanks 1

You can always get club soda instead. It is covered on classic as are most mixed cocktails. Most cocktails are made with "well" liquor, those on the classic package. To get a cocktail with premium liquor you must specify what liquor by name. i.e. "Grey Goose bloody mary". 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 39august said:

You can always get club soda instead. It is covered on classic as are most mixed cocktails. Most cocktails are made with "well" liquor, those on the classic package. To get a cocktail with premium liquor you must specify what liquor by name. i.e. "Grey Goose bloody mary". 

Thanks! We're brand new to Celeb though we've been on 38 or 40 cruises with other companies. In fact, still waiting for our very first Celeb cruise in late Nov. While we have the Classic, I had already reviewed all the brands listed in both packages and found that, to our surprise, all the brands we have preferred for the past 50+ years are on the Premium pkge. So, it appears like we'll either pay the difference per drink to get our brands or upgrade to Premium sometime after we're on board. 

1 minute ago, Jose Zalfadilla said:

So, it appears like we'll either pay the difference per drink to get our brands or upgrade to Premium sometime after we're on board. 

Keep an eye on your cruise planner as there are sometimes promotional discounts on the upgrade price...

1 minute ago, Mark_T said:

Keep an eye on your cruise planner as there are sometimes promotional discounts on the upgrade price...

Thanks again, Mark_T. We actually did that a few days ago. There was a 35% "flash sale" advert for purchasing the Premium pkge. We called and asked to upgrade our drink pkge with the 35% discounted price. However, the Celeb agent said we could only upgrade our Classic wi-fi at the flash sale price but not the drink pkge, which we could only upgrade at the 5% pre-cruise discounted price. So we just upgraded the wi-fi and decided to wait for the exact wording that would be specific to an "upgrade" and not a "purchase." As it turned out, the agent ended up upgrading our wi-fi from Classic to Premium at a 55% discount rather than the advertised 35% flash sale price.

9 minutes ago, Jose Zalfadilla said:

So we just upgraded the wi-fi and decided to wait for the exact wording that would be specific to an "upgrade" and not a "purchase."

Yes, you do have to look for the upgrade being on sale not just the packages.

Doesn't happen as often, but it does happen (..or at least it used to... )

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jose Zalfadilla said:

Thanks again, Mark_T. We actually did that a few days ago. There was a 35% "flash sale" advert for purchasing the Premium pkge. We called and asked to upgrade our drink pkge with the 35% discounted price. However, the Celeb agent said we could only upgrade our Classic wi-fi at the flash sale price but not the drink pkge, which we could only upgrade at the 5% pre-cruise discounted price. So we just upgraded the wi-fi and decided to wait for the exact wording that would be specific to an "upgrade" and not a "purchase." As it turned out, the agent ended up upgrading our wi-fi from Classic to Premium at a 55% discount rather than the advertised 35% flash sale price.

A word of advice from experienced Celebrity cruisers is to always disregard whatever %age off they list as the sale. Just go by the actual price that you’ll be charged for the upgrade.  They use « smoke and mirrors » pricing.

Edited by JaneStarr
Typos
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Csardas said:

Can you buy the drinks package on board, on day 2? We’ve always had the Classic included so we’re planning to order what we have in the past and see how much that comes to before committing to a package.

Yes; you can

5 hours ago, basenji56 said:

yes the water scam!

we bring our own.. and buy sparkly fir dinner