Sometimes I get notification from app even though I don't have internet plan with carnival

jameslee

Once in a while I would get notifications from App even though I didn't subscribe to carnival internet on the iphone. Anyone ever have this happen, it doesn't happen but sometimes once a day I would get a bunch of notification from the apps but my internet still does not work but I am connected to carnival wifi for the regular app

its normal. i noticed the same thing on carnival and other cruise lines. it seems like there is limited free internet that makes various app sync in the background like email/facebook/etc notifications to work. only the notification itself works . if you try to open it, that app wont sync and wont show anything new

• Like 1

It happens occasionally. My blink camera sends notifications when I am on a cruise. I think even My Domino's app has sent a notification onboard. It is a certain type of notification that Carnival needs for their app so other apps sneak through.

1 hour ago, hard_eight said:

I could pretty much keep up with work through the notifications from Teams and Outlook. Was kind of nice, and annoying at the same time. 

You could see the Teams & Outlook notifications but not respond to them, correct?