Is the Havana area open as soon as you board?

Eli_6

We have A01 boarding group (woohoo) and are sailing in a Havana aft balcony on the Vista on Sept 23. I have sailed in the Havana are on the Vista twice before, but both times we boarded much later as we weren't Platinum at the time.

Are the spas/pool open to swim in at, say, noon on sail away day? Or do they take that time to clean it?  Is the bar open and staffed? 

Edited by Eli_6
repeated phrase

yes but unfortunately my wrist band wasn't in the room when I arrived and couldn't get it straightened out until about 5:00. They gave me some BS excuse-that really didn't make much sense but considering the price of an Aft Balcony that was unacceptable. Finally got it straighted out at the Guest Services deck. I wonder if there is a "black market" for the wrist bands and someone got ahold of mine

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stallion said:

yes but unfortunately my wrist band wasn't in the room when I arrived and couldn't get it straightened out until about 5:00. They gave me some BS excuse-that really didn't make much sense but considering the price of an Aft Balcony that was unacceptable. Finally got it straighted out at the Guest Services deck. I wonder if there is a "black market" for the wrist bands and someone got ahold of mine

I never wear the wrist band as I don't like wearing anything on my wrist.  My sail and sign card had the Havana symbol printed on it and I would just show the attendant my card. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Stallion said:

The wrist band colors change every cruise for this reason. They get roatated around so if someone bought one on eBay hoping they would get access to Havana, odds are against them that the band color would be the same one in use that sailing. We have done Havana 4 times and only have one repeated color. 2 whites, a brown and a yellow band. Plus the minute you order a drink from the bar they will know right away of you are a legit Havana guest or not, even if you did happen to the same color band that sailing.

Edited by stobe1

19 hours ago, Stallion said:

Someone once said they sell them on ebay, but even if you have one, you can't buy a drink because your sail and sign card would show you shouldn't be there.  

On 9/11/2023 at 5:23 PM, Mike Dante said:

You will be able to partake in the havana area as soon as you board. And you will enjoy it immensely!

Wouldn’t that depend on your room being ready to get Havana bracelet?

Would your room card be enough to let you in

1 hour ago, threewide said:

Wouldn’t that depend on your room being ready to get Havana bracelet?

Would your room card be enough to let you in

Your boarding pass would be enough to get you in. If your room isn't ready, your card(s) won't be there either. :classic_cool:

Edited by Jamman54
  • Like 1