Maps of the ship

RonaldL

10 minutes ago, RonaldL said:

Do they still give out deck plans of the ship, either at check-in or in the room?

You can probably get one at Guest Services, but none were left in our cabin on two different ships last Fall.  Didn't give it a thought as we know our way around those ships.

27 minutes ago, RonaldL said:

Do they still give out deck plans of the ship, either at check-in or in the room?

Ships are also in the Princess App if you carry a smartphone.  Once connected to ship's wifi and INTRAnet, you can use them.  There is also a feature to "take you there" from where you are.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Oscar13 said:

When we were on the Crown in April/May I just asked at Guest Services and I got one.  I'd rather carry the map than my cell.

Karen

Thanks.  I have been on Emerald & Ruby, so Crown will be pretty similar, but my friend is new to Princess and I think a map would be handy.  

44 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

I have not seen a map in our cabin, but I have not asked for one at Guest Services.  Like Steelers, I am pretty familiar with the ships.  I don't care for the tiny screen on my phone to read the App maps.

The printed maps I remember were those small tri-fold ones.  They were also pretty small.  

Although we are long-time Princess Veterans, we still appreciate that Princess has large electronic maps near all the elevators.  They are much easier to use than the small app maps.  All the cruise lines have tried to minimize the use of paper (an environmental issue).  

Hank

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

There is also a feature to "take you there" from where you are.

That's if you already know where you want to go.  I will usually need the opposite feature -- "what is there to see or do?" by looking at a map.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, deltahog said:

That's if you already know where you want to go.  I will usually need the opposite feature -- "what is there to see or do?" by looking at a map.

That would be the "Journey Timeline" in the app...or better (in my opinion) listed in the Patter. (Oops, I mean the "Event List". Bah, humbug!)

5 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

Some of us still write notes for our travel mates and cabin stewards.  I bring my own paper pads, post-its and pens.

We use messenger for our traveling party. 

Room steward I ask for a piece of paper from the front desk, but usually order housekeeping items on the app.