Vibe in Alaska

zackarykeef

Anyone gotten Vibe on Encore or Bliss in Alaska and can share their experience? I’m considering it, as I think the hot tubs with that weather and scenery would be so nice, along with the outstanding service. However, I don’t want to be the only one…that would be boring 🤣 nor do I want to make the staff be outside if they don’t have to…unless they staff it regardless. Idk…just a random thought wondering if people have done it before. Otherwise, I’ll probably just get a thermal suite pass. Thanks in advance!

On 9/11/2023 at 5:57 PM, zackarykeef said:

Anyone gotten Vibe on Encore or Bliss in Alaska and can share their experience? I’m considering it, as I think the hot tubs with that weather and scenery would be so nice, along with the outstanding service. However, I don’t want to be the only one…that would be boring 🤣 nor do I want to make the staff be outside if they don’t have to…unless they staff it regardless. Idk…just a random thought wondering if people have done it before. Otherwise, I’ll probably just get a thermal suite pass. Thanks in advance!

It will depend on the time of year. 

Last week on the Encore, there were few Vibe customers (at least in the Vibe... there may have been a lot more who never went in). We were in the Haven and could see into the Vibe.... and lack of people. Even on glacier day,,, where the Vibe would be an ideal location to watch the glaciers,,, there were only a handful of people.

Temps were in the low 50's with stiff wind. We used the two hot tubs in the Haven (which are literally a few feet form the hot tubs in the Vibe). The view wasn't great,,, trying to stay mostly submerged to avoid getting too cold. The Haven guests have the benefit of being able to walk a few feet into the enclosed sundeck to dry off in a warm environment. The Vibe... not so much. 

• 6 months later...
On 9/11/2023 at 2:57 PM, zackarykeef said:

Did you get it? How was it? 

On 9/13/2023 at 4:41 PM, BirdTravels said:

It will depend on the time of year. 

Last week on the Encore, there were few Vibe customers (at least in the Vibe... there may have been a lot more who never went in). We were in the Haven and could see into the Vibe.... and lack of people. Even on glacier day,,, where the Vibe would be an ideal location to watch the glaciers,,, there were only a handful of people.

Temps were in the low 50's with stiff wind. We used the two hot tubs in the Haven (which are literally a few feet form the hot tubs in the Vibe). The view wasn't great,,, trying to stay mostly submerged to avoid getting too cold. The Haven guests have the benefit of being able to walk a few feet into the enclosed sundeck to dry off in a warm environment. The Vibe... not so much. 

As someone who loves Vibe and generally won't crusie NCL without it, I agree with @BirdTravels here.   It's going to be very weather dependent.  Late June/July/August you might have some nice sunny/warm days where you would be comfortable in the Vibe.  Earlier/later season, not so much. 

We did not have Vibe for our Bliss Alaska in June 2018.  We had nice weather, we probably would have used it, but, as it turns out we didn't really miss it.  

We did buy Vibe passes for our June 2025 Encore cruise for a few reasons:

- we are going with extended family (all adults) and thought it would be a great space to meet up

- we were on the Jewel this past September and really missed having a Vibe to go to

- heard (and had it confirmed with the Encore Vibe staff last month) that they also serve clam chowder and hot chocolate among other things (the now hard to find cookies)

- they provide nice blankets to keep you warmer if needed

- not worrying if there will be any hot tub space (on the Jewel, there were a few days when we wanted to go into a hot tub, but they were always crowded)

- we are not into the spa (full disclosure, we have never done it)

- it provides another great space to watch the beautiful Alaska scenery go by

- and @cruiseny4lifeswayed my decision when I was looking into it

I will definitely report back on our experience.   

On 3/21/2024 at 7:37 AM, Normajean999 said:

Did you get it? How was it? 

I did not. I opted for the thermal suite pass, which was well worth it as always.

I always get Vibe in the Caribbean, but honestly, I didn’t miss it in Alaska. We had amazing weather in October, and with the Waterfront on Encore/Bliss, I didn’t miss it. You are so close to the water on the Waterfront, and there were so many places to sit. With the blankets they give and the overhead heaters. We parked it there all day in glacier bay and it was the best. I don’t think you need it 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 1