Crystal Serenity Review - Solo perspective

brescan

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thank you for sharing your review with everyone at Cruise Critic."

brescan was awarded the badge 'Great Review'

CC has posted my review from the Serenity Iceland cruise.  Warning that the focus of the review is my solo perspective, this being my first cruise without my late husband.

Overall, it was a very enjoyable cruise.  Crystal treats solo guests very well, but has a few bugs to work out.  I'm already looking at booking one or two of those bargain 7 day Caribbean voyages to check out their progress!

Here is the link: https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=705788

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

Thank you for taking the time to share your review, Debra!  Sorry to hear about your husband's passing, but I'm really glad you took the plunge and booked the trip.

One of the topics that has come up on the board is the concern that the number of solo cabins sold would be regularly limited to the number of solo cabins allocated in the deck plans.  It's great to hear they're at least continuing to book guarantees at the solo rate when they have the surplus inventory of doubles to work with.  I think we were all hopeful it would work that way, but it's reassuring to hear that's working in practice as well.

Thanks again!

Vince

• Like 5

Condolences on the loss of your husband, and congratulations on such a successful first trip alone. I was so happy to see how well most of the cruise went. I hope (and expect) Crystal will pay attention to your critique of the dance hosts’ group exodus from dinner, and the inadequate welcome you received at the Supper Club.

Bon voyage to you in the future!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, PaulaJK said:

Brescan, Very much appreciated your upbeat review. 
If a solo passenger wished to dine alone or at another time. E.g. 7:30..are they accommodated?

Yes, of course. We can dine anytime we wish to (reservations/space permitting of course).

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...