International cafe question

Bjbilly

On 9/18/2023 at 11:23 AM, AlibearNS said:

Official on the Sapphire in May, yes. Finding the desserts was a challenge, eating them more so.

Honestly, they're ridiculous, and surely no one could eat two a day. We had one each during a 10 day cruise just because we could - and that was enough.

I chose the ice-cream from Swirls, my husband went to the IC for the cake. It was better than my choice but he couldn't finish it.

Cake1.jpeg

cake2.jpeg

cake 3.jpeg

The cake looks pretty good. I had one of the specialty desserts and it was gross. All sugar.

On 9/18/2023 at 11:45 AM, Dudleydog73 said:

The International Cafe serves food that is complimentary and the coffee shop attached would also be complimentary if you have the plus package.  Any coffee you get there takes one of your 15 drinks for the day from my experience.

No only alcohol drinks take one of the 15, 

• Like 1

On 9/18/2023 at 11:59 AM, AlibearNS said:

Coffee at the IC doesn't count as one of the 15

We had the PLUS package on last three cruises and drink a lot of coffee/teas/chocolate. 

Most food at the cafe is complimentary but you pay for a slice of those huge cakes. Unless you have the package, then it counts towards your two specialty desserts a day. My DH had a slice, couldn't finish it.

I found out about the cake the last two days of our trip

• Like 1

On 9/18/2023 at 10:45 AM, Dudleydog73 said:

The International Cafe serves food that is complimentary and the coffee shop attached would also be complimentary if you have the plus package.  Any coffee you get there takes one of your 15 drinks for the day from my experience.

Not true, 15 drinks are alcoholic drinks only.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jareds_mommytoo said:

I found out about the cake the last two days of our trip

My wife loves the International Cafe and hangs out in the Piazza, so we visit the IC often.  I have never seen these cakes there.  Maybe they are on display only during limited hours?  [Kind of like the donuts.  I never visit the IC in the daytime morning hours (as opposed to the late night "morning hours") so I learned of donuts only through this Forum!]

On 9/18/2023 at 7:18 PM, Steelers36 said:

That is just dead wrong unless those coffees contained alcohol shots.  Otherwise, guest should have reported it to F&B Mgr and asked for correction.

If I had drink package, would never come close to the 15, but there is a principle here.  Show them the package terms from Princess.com.

There should be no question about this.

My wife once had an issue with the old beverage package. I tracked down the manager and showed him the terms. I was polite and calm about it. Within 30 minutes every bar on the ship had been issued a memo correcting the incorrect application of the package. I agree with you and would have gotten this taken care of quickly.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

My wife loves the International Cafe and hangs out in the Piazza, so we visit the IC often.  I have never seen these cakes there.  Maybe they are on display only during limited hours?  [Kind of like the donuts.  I never visit the IC in the daytime morning hours (as opposed to the late night "morning hours") so I learned of donuts only through this Forum!]

They were in these cases 

IMG_4209.jpeg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AlibearNS said:

It's like they don't want you to know about them, right? And two a day, ew. 

4 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

Sometimes the specialty cakes slices don't really don't exist.  It all depends on whether or not the galley crew has enough time to make them.  I spent a lot of time on the Royal Princess this past winter and some sailings had them and others did not.  When I asked about why and that was the answer that the crew gave me.  Gelato is another place to check, if it's a venue on the ship you are on.  They are always in a separate case.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2023 at 6:46 PM, JimmyVWine said:

All food at the IC is included in your fare, regardless of whether one has a package or not.  It is just like going up to the Buffet area on a ship.  In fact, much of the food served at the IC is also served up at the buffets during certain times of the day. Just think of the IC as a "mini-buffet."  Coffee drinks are another thing altogether.  

In the equivalent Central Park Cafe on Royal Caribbean, non speciality teas and coffees are without charge even if you do not have a package!

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/20/2023 at 4:50 AM, Reina del Mar said:

In the equivalent Central Park Cafe on Royal Caribbean, non speciality teas and coffees are without charge even if you do not have a package!

So when you go to international Cafe, just ask for the non specialty coffee and it's complimentary? 

31 minutes ago, Jayhoaps said:

So when you go to international Cafe, just ask for the non specialty coffee and it's complimentary? 

By non-specialty coffee I assume you mean brewed coffee.  You pay for all beverages at the International Cafe without a package.  If you want free brewed coffee, you have to get it yourself at the buffet.

6 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

By non-specialty coffee I assume you mean brewed coffee.  You pay for all beverages at the International Cafe without a package.  If you want free brewed coffee, you have to get it yourself at the buffet.

Would you know if the buffet is 24/7?

Just to clarify, if I am at the International cafe, do they have complimentary water that they offer to drink? 

1 minute ago, Jayhoaps said:

Would you know if the buffet is 24/7?

On Royal Class ships, the buffet will always be open (but there won't necessarily be food, 6 am to 10 pm are the hours with food), and the dispenser will always have brewed coffee/hot water/tea.  On some, the lemonade/iced tea dispensers have been removed and you can only get these during service hours in pitchers.  Crew doesn't have problems with passengers going in to get a cup of coffee prior to breakfast service or after food service has ended at night.

On the Grand Class ships, there's been reports on this board upon the switch to Lavazza coffee pre-brewed coffee is put out in coffee dispenser urns.  I assume once the buffet wraps up for the night, these won't be replaced until the next morning for breakfast service.  Haven't been on this type of ship since the switch so cannot comment.  I know when it was still the coffee concentrate, you could go in at anytime to get brewed coffee.

7 minutes ago, Jayhoaps said:

Just to clarify, if I am at the International cafe, do they have complimentary water that they offer to drink? 

I haven't seen a drink gun at the IC.  You can always go to the nearest bar for a cup of water.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SCX22 said:

On Royal Class ships, the buffet will always be open (but there won't necessarily be food, 6 am to 10 pm are the hours with food), and the dispenser will always have brewed coffee/hot water/tea.  On some, the lemonade/iced tea dispensers have been removed and you can only get these during service hours in pitchers.  Crew doesn't have problems with passengers going in to get a cup of coffee prior to breakfast service or after food service has ended at night.

On the Grand Class ships, there's been reports on this board upon the switch to Lavazza coffee pre-brewed coffee is put out in coffee dispenser urns.  I assume once the buffet wraps up for the night, these won't be replaced until the next morning for breakfast service.  Haven't been on this type of ship since the switch so cannot comment.  I know when it was still the coffee concentrate, you could go in at anytime to get brewed coffee.

I haven't seen a drink gun at the IC.  You can always go to the nearest bar for a cup of water.

Not helpful if you visit the IC in the middle of the night !!!

Suppose Room Service would work, or ordering via the Medallion might work..if you have a package or have paid to activate medallion.

• Like 1