International cafe question

Bjbilly

All food at the IC is included in your fare, regardless of whether one has a package or not.  It is just like going up to the Buffet area on a ship.  In fact, much of the food served at the IC is also served up at the buffets during certain times of the day. Just think of the IC as a "mini-buffet."  Coffee drinks are another thing altogether.  If you have any sort of Package, all of the coffee drinks served at the IC coffee station will be included for you.  If you are sailing without a Package, coffee (and espresso, latte, cappuccino, and any other coffee-based drink that has an Italian name) is priced by the cup.

Edited by JimmyVWine

6 minutes ago, Dudleydog73 said:

The International Cafe serves food that is complimentary and the coffee shop attached would also be complimentary if you have the plus package.  Any coffee you get there takes one of your 15 drinks for the day from my experience.

Coffee at the IC doesn't count as one of the 15

We had the PLUS package on last three cruises and drink a lot of coffee/teas/chocolate. 

Most food at the cafe is complimentary but you pay for a slice of those huge cakes. Unless you have the package, then it counts towards your two specialty desserts a day. My DH had a slice, couldn't finish it.

• Like 1

Guest Snaxmuppet
4 minutes ago, AlibearNS said:

Coffee at the IC doesn't count as one of the 15

We had the PLUS package on last three cruises and drink a lot of coffee/teas/chocolate. 

Most food at the cafe is complimentary but you pay for a slice of those huge cakes. Unless you have the package, then it counts towards your two specialty desserts a day. My DH had a slice, couldn't finish it.

Didn't know that, about the cake at IC counting a speciality dessert. It that official? That is good because those speciality desserts look rubbish but the IC cake looks pretty good 🙂 

20 minutes ago, Dudleydog73 said:

Any coffee you get there takes one of your 15 drinks for the day from my experience.

Unless you are ordering coffee with alcohol, like an Irish coffee or an espresso martini, the specialty coffees and brewed coffee are covered under the packages and are unlimited.  Non-alcoholic beverages are unlimited in the packages.  Alcoholic beverages are counted and capped at 15 per day.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Snaxmuppet said:

Didn't know that, about the cake at IC counting a speciality dessert. It that official? That is good because those speciality desserts look rubbish but the IC cake looks pretty good 🙂 

Not so sure how official it is, but I've been allowed to take slices of specialty cake in lieu of the specialty sundae.  Have to be honest, the cakes are pretty gross too--all looks and not so great taste.  The best one is grandma's chocolate cake, when it's made right.  The carrot cake and it was so dry and the red velvet cake was so sickeningly sweet because of the frosting, which tasted nothing of cream cheese.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Dudleydog73 said:

The International Cafe serves food that is complimentary and the coffee shop attached would also be complimentary if you have the plus package.  Any coffee you get there takes one of your 15 drinks for the day from my experience.

Dudlydog,  

I think you are mis remembering, there is no limit on coffee’s on the plus package. The 15 drink per day limit is for alcohol

if you have the plus package everything in the IC is included in the cruise fare

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Snaxmuppet said:

Official on the Sapphire in May, yes. Finding the desserts was a challenge, eating them more so.

Honestly, they're ridiculous, and surely no one could eat two a day. We had one each during a 10 day cruise just because we could - and that was enough.

I chose the ice-cream from Swirls, my husband went to the IC for the cake. It was better than my choice but he couldn't finish it.

Cake1.jpeg

cake2.jpeg

cake 3.jpeg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Dudleydog73 said:

The plus package includes 15 alcoholic drinks. There is no limit on soft drinks or coffee drinks. Believe me if they did I would not make it all day long. Read the description of the plus beverage package on the website

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

I have never heard this before nor seen it in practice.  

3 hours ago, memoak said:

The plus package includes 15 alcoholic drinks. There is no limit on soft drinks or coffee drinks. Believe me if they did I would not make it all day long. Read the description of the plus beverage package on the website

We just got off Ruby recently.  Specialty coffees were charged against the 15 drink limit but none of us ever even reached 5 drinks a day so we didn’t care.  But when I wrote that previously individuals were outraged that coffee was taken as one of the 15.

3 minutes ago, Knickearth said:

We just got off Ruby recently.  Specialty coffees were charged against the 15 drink limit but none of us ever even reached 5 drinks a day so we didn’t care.  But when I wrote that previously individuals were outraged that coffee was taken as one of the 15.

That is just dead wrong unless those coffees contained alcohol shots.  Otherwise, guest should have reported it to F&B Mgr and asked for correction.

If I had drink package, would never come close to the 15, but there is a principle here.  Show them the package terms from Princess.com.

There should be no question about this.

• Like 5

According to terms and conditions, non-alcoholic drinks do not count towards the daily limit:

Terms and Conditions

• Alcoholic drinks are limited to 15 beverages per 24-hour period (6 a.m. to 6 a.m.). Alcoholic drinks requested above the daily limits are at the discretion of the shipboard management and crew and charged at regular menu prices.
  • Non-alcoholic drinks do NOT have this limitation, nor do they count toward this maximum.
  • Items selected that exceed the $15.00 USD or $22.00 AUD price are charged according to the difference in price.
  • Packages may NOT be shared, are NON-transferable and NON-refundable.
  • Shipboard management reserves the right to add additional restrictions and revoke or cancel the Plus Beverage Package at any point during a guest’s voyage for any reason with or without a prorated refund. Additional actions may be taken if guests:
Edited by Abercrombie2019
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Again, another failure of the Medallion App.  The beverage counter on the App for the packages are 15 bars that shade in as you order drinks.  One drink, one bar shaded in.  It doesn’t list what or where you ordered.  

There is no counter to keep track with the two premium desserts in the app.

10 hours ago, Knickearth said:

Something is incorrect here. Does not match the terms of the package. Did you have specialty coffees with a shot of alcohol? That would be charged.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Dudleydog73 said:

That is only true if you add alcohol in my experience. I’ve never heard anyone else say they’ve had all coffees counted as one of their 15 alcoholic drinks allotted per day.

• Like 1

Guest Snaxmuppet
10 hours ago, SCX22 said:

Again, another failure of the Medallion App.  The beverage counter on the App for the packages are 15 bars that shade in as you order drinks.  One drink, one bar shaded in.  It doesn’t list what or where you ordered.  

There is no counter to keep track with the two premium desserts in the app.

There is a beverage counter in the app???

IIRC That is new since our last cruise... unless it was always there and I missed it 🙂 

On our last cruise, the app beverage counter did not count coffee or other non-alcoholic beverages towards the 15 - we would have blown up the counter if it did.  What did happen often is when I ordered double wines for both of us, my counter went up 4, when my DH ordered for both of us his counter went up 2 & mine went up 2.  Perhaps something like that made it look like coffee was being added to the total ?

4 minutes ago, Snaxmuppet said:

There is a beverage counter in the app???

IIRC That is new since our last cruise... unless it was always there and I missed it 🙂 

The beverage counter has been there for a while.  It's buried "Payment Methods and Packages."  You have to be connected MedallionNet, but once your are tap "Packages" and the drink counter will be there.

Doesn't help that doesn't list what and where the drink was ordered.  I'm peeved about this because on one cruise I never got drunk enough to not remember how many alcoholic drinks I ordered.  I maybe had 3 to 4 per day and somehow the counter said I was having 10 or 12 a day.  Showed it Guest Services and was met with blank looks and they didn't know how to reverse the counter or why these ghost drinks were charging against my limit.  Either someone who looked like me was ordering using my cabin number or the App was not working right.  Mind you, I swapped my Medallion for a cruise card, so I couldn't use OceanNow (which was still free at the time) and my profile never populated crew devices.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

The beverage counter has been there for a while.  It's buried "Payment Methods and Packages."  You have to be connected MedallionNet, but once your are tap "Packages" and the drink counter will be there.

Doesn't help that doesn't list what and where the drink was ordered.  I'm peeved about this because on one cruise I never got drunk enough to not remember how many alcoholic drinks I ordered.  I maybe had 3 to 4 per day and somehow the counter said I was having 10 or 12 a day.  Showed it Guest Services and was met with blank looks and they didn't know how to reverse the counter or why these ghost drinks were charging against my limit.  Either someone who looked like me was ordering using my cabin number or the App was not working right.  Mind you, I swapped my Medallion for a cruise card, so I couldn't use OceanNow (which was still free at the time) and my profile never populated crew devices.

My "go to" is the App not working right unless I detect an obvious user error.

The App gets a presumption of guilt from me until proven innocent.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Guest Snaxmuppet
2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

My "go to" is the App not working right unless I detect an obvious user error.

The App gets a presumption of guilt from me until proven innocent.

Me too!