Refundable Military OBC

rosevew

We booked our cruises earlier in the year before Princess brought in the changes to Military and Shareholders OBC (June). I took a screenshot at the time showing that our military OBC was refundable. However, I notice today that it's now marked as Non-refundable.

As this change only started for cruises from the past week does anybody have any oboard experience of this? Is it showing as refundable there?

Just now, kiwimum said:

Just checked our booked cruises and only one is showing non-refundable for MOBC.  

Both of ours were showing as refundable and now the one we are about to join at the weekend has suddenly changed.to non-refundable. I've got a screenshot showing the previous status. Wondering how anybody is fairing onboard.

The Military OBC is considered non-refundable due to showing on the portfolio but is not available until you are on the ship.  If you qualify, it is applied for every cruise you book.  At least this has been our experience.

Edited by NWA395

37 minutes ago, NWA395 said:

The Military OBC is considered non-refundable due to showing on the portfolio but is not available until you are on the ship.  If you qualify, it is applied for every cruise you book.  At least this has been our experience.

I am aware of how it has previously worked, having claimed it several times. My point is whether or not it is being grandfathered as was the impression back in June, or not.

52 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

I have 6b2b booked in may 2023.  At first all 6 MOBC were marked refundable. Checked tonight and  1 is now marked nonrefundable and one was refared and the CCL stock credit  dropped off the booking.  Have 3 more cruises to check. 

If your cabinmate is also a stockholder and is not a veteran, resubmit for the shareholder OBC for the cabinmate. My Carnival stock was in a IRA, so I was sole owner. I took it out of the IRA and transferred it to a joint account with my wife. Then I applied for shareholder OBC in her name. No problem.

• Like 2

On board island princess now. The ships systems updated automatically on 12 September to make all MOBC non refundable. Much confusion amongst staff at guest services. They have now confirmed it will be refundable. As the ship left before 12 September. Previously On round trip from Southampton we have received the money in cash (USD). on the last day. This time they are going to refund our credit card. So any cruise leaving after 12 September MOBC is now non refundable.

Edited by Catchum
missed word

42 minutes ago, Catchum said:

On board island princess now. The ships systems updated automatically on 12 September to make all MOBC non refundable. Much confusion amongst staff at guest services. They have now confirmed it will be refundable. As the ship left before 12 September. Previously On round trip from Southampton we have received the money in cash (USD). on the last day. This time they are going to refund our credit card. So any cruise leaving after 12 September MOBC is now non refundable.

I can't blame Princess if this many people are noticing on a sailing, because it likely means it's all that money walking out the door at the end of every cruise.

11 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

I have 6b2b booked in may 2023.  At first all 6 MOBC were marked refundable. Checked tonight and  1 is now marked nonrefundable and one was refared and the CCL stock credit  dropped off the booking.  Have 3 more cruises to check. 

CCL OBC disappearing after re-fares has been a known issue for years, and it clearly is not a priority to fix. Your post is a good reminder to always check. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

CCL OBC disappearing after re-fares has been a known issue for years, and it clearly is not a priority to fix. Your post is a good reminder to always check. 

In this case, it was not an error. @coo359a2 had both veteran and shareholder OBC grandfathered. With refare, can no longer have both. The system worked properly this time - for once.

13 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Plus for those with 2 veterans in a cabin who currently have both the MOBC and CCL OBC, will a refare  save more than the loss of the CCL OBC. Think i typed what I was trying to say. 

I frequently had refunds from my MOBC but guess no more.  Just looked at our 5 upcoming cruises, one of which was booked after the announcement and indeed it is marked non-refundable (star) while the other 4 were booked before the announcement and do not have a star after them.  As for the SOBC which I have always received along with the MOBC, I transferred ownership of the 100 shares of CCL to my DW personal account and that solves the SOBC problem.  Now we will still get both OBC.

• Like 1