Symphony 8th floor

crispy46

1 hour ago, crispy46 said:

What kinds of suites were redone on the 8th floor?

Every suite and stateroom on Symphony’s deck 8 was redone this year.  If you have any question of what was redone on deck 9 however, where there are a mix, you can click on the individual cabin on the deck plans on Crystal’s site and it will tell you which design generation that cabin is from.

Vince

Edited by BWIVince

1 minute ago, Texas Tillie said:

Just to confuse the issue, I wonder if they redid the fully obstructed cabins on Symphony 8, the ones behind the tenders/life boats? I think those are being used for entertainers, enrichment staff, lecturers, Ambassador hosts, etc. They are not listed for booking.

Patty

I’ve kind of wondered that myself, Patty!  Regardless though, they’re not available for passenger assignment anymore at least, so that wouldn’t be an issue here…. But I’m curious too.  If only Symphony would get within 3,500 miles of me so I could inspect!  😁 

Vince

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BWIVince said:

I’ve kind of wondered that myself, Patty!  Regardless though, they’re not available for passenger assignment anymore at least, so that wouldn’t be an issue here…. But I’m curious too.  If only Symphony would get within 3,500 miles of me so I could inspect!  😁 

Vince

Don't hold your breath!! On our foodie tour yesterday we were accompanied by a very nice young lady from A&K in the LA office who designs the shore excursions for the two ships. We had a far ranging chat during the tour and she confirmed there are no plans to bring Symphony back to North America.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BWIVince said:

Vince

Vince on  Deck 7 on Serenity the ones being used for the entertainers/enrichment personnel were not redone. All the others were.

Keith

7 hours ago, crispy46 said:

What kinds of suites were redone on the 8th floor?

In terms of kinds.

They have added the new category Junior Cps, augmented having 2 CP's on Deck 10 by adding new ones on Deck 8 and Creating new Sapphire Suites. No new Aquamarine Suites are on Deck 8.

Everything else redone is not a suite but is a double room with and without verandahs.

If you go to the deck plans on line and place a curser above each room it will show if it is new as of 2023, new as of 2017 or a classic meaning it was created or redone prior to 2017.

Keith

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Vince on  Deck 7 on Serenity the ones being used for the entertainers/enrichment personnel were not redone. All the others were.

Keith

Thanks Keith…. That would especially make sense on Symphony, where the staterooms were just refit before the shutdown. It would just be more obvious on Symphony since the unrenovated rooms would be interspersed with the renovated rooms, unlike on Serenity where they are isolated.  Since they’re not passenger cabins, most people would never notice though, mostly just the curious ones.  😊 

Vince

8 hours ago, BWIVince said:

Vince

I’m on board and can confirm they have not been redone. They have real closets!

• Like 3

Nancy, I’m part way through my third week. Host availability has been excellent. Dance hours are generally 6-7 and 8:15-11. Unfortunately most of the dancing is in the Palm Court. The floor is better than it used to be, but still not as good as the Starlite.  A duo plays the music and were selected with the ability to play dance music in mind. 

The disco is in Jade: White Party in the Cove etc. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/20/2023 at 8:09 AM, TER777 said:

Nancy, I’m part way through my third week. Host availability has been excellent. Dance hours are generally 6-7 and 8:15-11. Unfortunately most of the dancing is in the Palm Court. The floor is better than it used to be, but still not as good as the Starlite.  A duo plays the music and were selected with the ability to play dance music in mind. 

Perhaps we can get a petition going to move the dancing back to the Starlite. I don't know how one can do a waltz or foxtrot in the Palm Court!!

On 9/20/2023 at 8:09 AM, TER777 said:

Ter777, pictures of the Palm Court dance floor would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

31 minutes ago, ivyleaguegent said:

pictures of the Palm Court dance floor would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Unless there have been significant alterations since the latest refurbishment, here are some awkward pics of Symphony's Palm Court dance floor, pre-Covid. 

Rob

DSC03147.JPG

DSC03150.JPG

DSC03151.JPG

14 minutes ago, BWIVince said:

The 2023 pictures I've seen so far show the same dance floor, but it's a lot bigger than it was prior to the 2012 refit.

Vince

Well, since you brought it up, here are a couple of pics pre-2012 for comparison.

Rob

009 Palm Court.jpg

005 Palm Court.jpg

• Like 1