Wrong luggage tag number

sally4909

A few days ago, I changed my cabin number. My boarding pass has the correct number but when  trying to print out the luggage tags, the old cabin number is still there. Any suggestions to correct this? I thought maybe I could take a marker and cross out the old number , but my husband thinks there are also bar codes on them and maybe not a good idea. I can call Celebrity, but hope someone has had this problem and knows how it was corrected. Calling Celebrity most often has long wait times.

3 hours ago, sally4909 said:

A few days ago, I changed my cabin number. My boarding pass has the correct number but when  trying to print out the luggage tags, the old cabin number is still there. Any suggestions to correct this? I thought maybe I could take a marker and cross out the old number , but my husband thinks there are also bar codes on them and maybe not a good idea. I can call Celebrity, but hope someone has had this problem and knows how it was corrected. Calling Celebrity most often has long wait times.

Pierside porters will hand write them.  I never print out the ones in the e docs.  No need to use my printer ink and paper when I can get them done at the terminal

16 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

no, but the are colour/zone coded with the area of the ship 

Yes that’s true, but for reference for others, there’s no need to print the tags in color. I’ve printed out the tags in b/w since they stopped sending them.  For the OP, just have the porters do it at the pier. That’s the easiest way now. 

We always print our tags.There is always the risk of porters not labeling them correctly. We sailed out of Seattle recently, with  drop off for 2 ships in the same location: 1 Royal, 1 Celebrity. It was chaos to say the least. I ended up meeting 2 families ( with young children) who never received their luggage, both had porters write them up. their luggage ended up on the wrong ship. It was no fun having to replace items during the cruise (Alaska)

cheers

• Like 1

Good morning.

Thanks so much for all the helpful replies. I just called Celebrity, got through to them within a couple of minutes, and they are changing the luggage tags and cruise documents to the correct cabin number. I will update when that happens .

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gold1953 said:

no, but the are colour/zone coded with the area of the ship 

Color isn't necessary. I've printed our luggage tags off in black and white and our luggage arrived before we went for pre diner drinks. Same when printed in color.

Edited by doghog

3 hours ago, doghog said:

Color isn't necessary. I've printed our luggage tags off in black and white and our luggage arrived before we went for pre diner drinks. Same when printed in color.

I have used my laser jet to print ours in black and white since our color ink jet broke and I decided not to replace it.  Never had any issue. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I have used my laser jet to print ours in black and white since our color ink jet broke and I decided not to replace it.  Never had any issue. 

This morning I removed our luggage tags from our luggage tag sleeves (I bought on Amazon years ago) from our March Apex cruise and they are the same color as our upcoming October Eclipse cruise.