Can You Hook Up Video Game in the Room

burnsrod1

Maybe.  Almost impossible to change input.  You may be able to unplug existing hdmi and plug in Xbox to that input but it can be very difficult depending on the tv in your room. 

There are Xboxes in the kids club depending on his age.  Btw, our grandson (11 on last cruise) hasn’t missed his Xbox on multiple cruises. Tons to do and even a nice break for a week without. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, burnsrod1 said:

I am cruising with my grandson on Saturday and he wants to take his xbox with him.  Can someone tell me if you can hook up a video game to the TV without much effort? 

Hi @burnsrod1🙂

Yes & No..... Yes the (input) on cruise ship televisions are easy to change by binging your own universal remote control. HDMI ports are not disabled (as stated by Carnival below) only the ability to change the input on the remote controls are disabled.

(( HOWEVER )) - The 'No' is:

••••• ITS AGAINST CARNIVALS RULES •••••

Many Stateroom Stewards Have Been Known To Unplug & Disconnect Everything When They See It.

Picsart-23-09-22-00-25-26-241.jpg

🍹

Edited by ObstructedView2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, simkoreb said:

My son who is 14 was able to hook up the Switch for our Alaska cruise on the Miracle.  I don't know how, but he and my husband are pretty tech savy and knew what to bring to do it.

But why would you do it if it is explicitly against the rules? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, giuliettapaul said:

Most modern cruise ship cabins have flat-screen TVs with HDMI ports, which makes connecting an Xbox or any other gaming console a breeze. Just bring along the necessary cables, plug them in, and your grandson will be all set to enjoy some gaming while cruising.

Except they often mount the TV such that you cannot easily access those ports, and even if you do, how do you change the input source?  You'd need to bring your own universal remote (because the TV remote in the cabin usually isn't the normal one) and hope that the ship's IT dept hasn't locked out the other ports.

Unless you're sailing on a newer ship with bigger TVs etc, they'd be better off bringing a Game Boy because it's no fun playing games on the tiny 13" TV that you have to stare up at the whole time. But each to their own.

13 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Respectfully, why discuss something that violates the published rules as noted by @ObstructedView2 post #3?

20231118_140656.thumb.jpg.07c03fa1e5485528c8df95592dce6157.jpg

You could ask the same of folks who post about sneaking on CBD gummies, rum runners, or pot, and all kinds of other scofflaws flouting the rules.  There seem to be plenty here on CC.

3 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

You could ask the same of folks who post about sneaking on CBD gummies, rum runners, or pot, and all kinds of other scofflaws flouting the rules.  There seem to be plenty here on CC.

Yep and I do - if you could only hear the questions I say as I read some of those threads!

And they always end w/"if you don't intend to abide by the T&C, don't give them your $$."

There's waaaay too many....

Edited by Haljo1935
Additional comment

18 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

This sounds like when my kids were litle and I told them no.  Their response would be "but everyone else does it".  We're all adults here.