Yacht Club - Where are your favorite MSC personnel?

Best Cat Mom

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Best Cat Mom said:

Divina YC Director currently is Giuseppe Terminiello, commonly known as Pepe. He was on Seaside in 2018 as Maitre d' of the YC Restaurant. I also think he was an MDR restaurant manager more recently.

Giuseppe was the YC Director on the Meraviglia in September.  He was great.  He was everywhere....morning, noon and night.  I swear that man never sleeps.

• Like 2

On 11/29/2023 at 2:33 PM, jcpc said:

Giuseppe was the YC Director on the Meraviglia in September.  He was great.  He was everywhere....morning, noon and night.  I swear that man never sleeps.

In vast contrast to Hugh who replaced him and seemed in October to never leave his office but once or twice in the cruise!

• Like 3

19 hours ago, sbcs5390 said:

In vast contrast to Hugh who replaced him and seemed in October to never leave his office but once or twice in the cruise!

Oh no.  I'm sailing Meraviglia again in February and I certainly hope Hugh is not the YC Director at that time.  Our entire group though Giuseppe was just the greatest.  From the moment we first met him in the terminal in Brooklyn on Embarkation Day and then throughout the entire cruise, he was so involved with all YC guests.

Edited by jcpc
  • Like 2

On 12/8/2023 at 8:19 PM, sbcs5390 said:

We had Hugh this past October.  Saw him once over eleven days pass from one door to another by the bar.  If that is most he can manage, why bother with the position.   Seemed other staff tried to pick up slack with mixed results.  George, after several sailings, wife and I independently figured out issue.

Where is Robert or Arthur when you need them?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jcpc said:

Oh no.  I'm sailing Meraviglia again in February and I certainly hope Hugh is not the YC Director at that time.  Our entire group though Giuseppe was just the greatest.  From the moment we first met him in the terminal in Brooklyn on Embarkation Day and then throughout the entire cruise, he was so involved with all YC guests.

Hope for you too.  We even thought the dinners were a big disappointment.  Walked out one night, went to buffet a couple others after previewing menu.  Go to filet sucked.  Only three of seven edible, rest were rubber, no exaggeration.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Melania from Europa on Seashore. Larysa recently promoted head butler on Seascape to YC director on Divina.

TY

We have enjoyed all of our butlers, wait staff, YC Directors, Somms, Only 1 Maitre D was a bit aloof until the last night ... 

We were on the Mera in November and Hugh was quite visible in the TSL and on the pool deck during our week. We were able to have a nice chat with him early in the week. 
Later in the week, whenever we saw him, he seemed to be having lengthy conversations with guests who had complaints

46 minutes ago, mackfam said:

We were on the Mera in November and Hugh was quite visible in the TSL and on the pool deck during our week. We were able to have a nice chat with him early in the week. 
Later in the week, whenever we saw him, he seemed to be having lengthy conversations with guests who had complaints

That’s great - I know quite a few folks from the Oct cruises mentioned it on their surveys, including myself, so he must have adjusted his priorities as a result. 

• Like 1

On 1/13/2024 at 7:22 PM, Fogfog said:

Do we know who is on Seashore YC at the moment? Divnia?

We were on Divina for the transatlantic from Europe to the Caribbean in November/December. Pepe (Guiseppe) Terminiello was the YC Director and he had told us that he would still be on board for our next Divina cruise in April. Not sure if that has changed, though...

• Like 1

Found that the years following the shutdown have lost a great deal of our favorite staff. They were forced to find new endeavors. Discovered from chatting on our most recent cruise with staff that MSC has been hiring from new locales. That nonreturning staff stories back home have soured new recruits in those communities. MSC has been hiring staff from Kenya and Zimbabwe. The Kenyans are very outspoken happy campers that we have come in contact with on both MSC and Explora Journeys. 

• Like 1

We have had such exceptional staff in YC

Have written notes to the YC D on each sailing detailing exceptional service, who etc. And always write individual notes and they gift a cash tip to each that made our voyager lovely)

They are there to serve, not be our servants, and except for a cranky Maitre D (his asst Arthur made everything right- ) we have not been disappointed.

Our first butler on a B2B was such a kind man. He was retiring the day we were disembarking. He was off duty and leaving the ship -yet came up to see us before he left. It was a bitter sweet moment and we have thought about him and prayer for him and his family -- as this sailing was Feb2020. 

We have a sailing in Feb and then in March so look forward to them and who we will meet

I can’t wait to next December when we will cruise on seaside again in yc . It’s been a few years but we will definitely sail YC yearly when they move a ship to Galveston. Our butler was way better than any butler on celebrity even in upper suites like penthouse. Captain spent lots of time talking to us , turn out many years ago he was on the Melody which we sailed about 2 decades ago.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Best Cat Mom said:

We were on Divina for the transatlantic from Europe to the Caribbean in November/December. Pepe (Guiseppe) Terminiello was the YC Director and he had told us that he would still be on board for our next Divina cruise in April. Not sure if that has changed, though...

Just found out that there is more than 1 Pepe in YC:

Pepe (Guiseppe) Terminiello is indeed still on Divina as YC Director

Pepe Arru (I believe that is the correct surname) is Food and Beverage Director on Lirica, currently in Brazil

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2023 at 11:49 AM, dexddd said:

We had Hugh this past October.  Saw him once over eleven days pass from one door to another by the bar.  If that is most he can manage, why bother with the position.   Seemed other staff tried to pick up slack with mixed results.  George, after several sailings, wife and I independently figured out issue.

Where is Robert or Arthur when you need them?

Not sure if it’s the same Arthur you’re talking about but heard today he will be joining Meraviglia 2/4 to replace George. Hugh still YC Director. 

• Like 1