solarium bistro

irish2005

34 minutes ago, irish2005 said:

does anyone have a menu for solarium bistro

It is now all buffet with the exception of the upcharge Lobster or Filet, and the menu stays the same every evening, so if you pull up the sample menu from the website, you have the SB dinner menu for the entire cruise.

53 minutes ago, orville99 said:

It is now all buffet with the exception of the upcharge Lobster or Filet, and the menu stays the same every evening, so if you pull up the sample menu from the website, you have the SB dinner menu for the entire cruise.

So the entrees are all up on the buffet now? You don’t order at all from a waiter? 

6 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

So the entrees are all up on the buffet now? You don’t order at all from a waiter? 

Not any more. Unless you want one of the upcharge items or beverages, all they do is seat you and disappear.

Edited by orville99
  • Thanks 1

FOR BREAKFAST AND LUNCH 

Buffet -  no reservations needed

It is a small version of windjammer. many of the same food items.  When it was  first introduced, it had healthier options, but has morphed into a small windjammer.  

FOR DINNER -

The menu on the app is basically accurate. Reservations suggested.

The only ship I recall menu and servers was years ago on Oasis. Tapas/salad buffet style and also  table service.    Harmony, Symphony and Wonder have the same type of menu items, but they are all  self-serve.  I see from above post that on  Oasis it is apparently all buffet as well. 

The items, including the appetizers   are mediterranean  inspired lamb, fish and chicken. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

The only ship I recall menu and servers was years ago on Oasis. Tapas/salad buffet style and also  table service.    Harmony, Symphony and Wonder have the same type of menu items, but they are all  self-serve.  I see from above post that on  Oasis it is apparently all buffet as well. 

It is my understanding from talking with the SB Maitre D on Wonder that they all went to a buffet format at the start of 2023.

11 hours ago, Tulsacoker said:

funny on my upcoming cruise all its showing for the Solarium Bistro under menu is beverages ... and quite extensive menu for that. 

This is all I see under both of my upcoming cruises- a massive drink menu (Anthem and Allure)🤷‍♀️

11 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

FOR BREAKFAST AND LUNCH 

Buffet -  no reservations needed

It is a small version of windjammer. many of the same food items.  When it was  first introduced, it had healthier options, but has morphed into a small windjammer.  

FOR DINNER -

The menu on the app is basically accurate. Reservations suggested.

The items, including the appetizers   are mediterranean  inspired lamb, fish and chicken. 

M

I don't remember if it was Allure or Symphony that had a Brizillian Steak House menu in the Solarium Bistro.  We loved it.  Wish/hope it is still available.  

10 hours ago, Ret MP said:

I don't remember if it was Allure or Symphony that had a Brizillian Steak House menu in the Solarium Bistro.  We loved it.  Wish/hope it is still available.  

Allure. Still kicking, but will probably be put out to pasture during the 2025 amplification. Liked it more than Chops.

• Like 1

We recently got off Wonder and prior to cruising we’d opted to eat dinner a few nights in the Solarium Bistro. Yes, it’s buffet style and mostly the same food every night with a Mediterranean/Indian theme. Typically two lamb dishes, two chicken dishes, two or three fish dishes and then some vegetarian options. There’s an entree (chicken, sirloin, roast turkey) that’s available each evening; this changes each night. Things that don’t change? Starters. Hummus, falafel, baba ganoush, tzatziki sauce, pita, bread, two soups (changed each evening), amongst some other options. Then, of course, rotating deserts. 

Breakfast was an always a zoo. Kids of all ages at every meal. Bistro food was over all okay but the lack of change got old. We broke it up with dining at the Mason Jar, Central Park 150 and Coastal Kitchen. 

12 hours ago, pRotoNgal said:

We recently got off Wonder and prior to cruising we’d opted to eat dinner a few nights in the Solarium Bistro. Yes, it’s buffet style and mostly the same food every night with a Mediterranean/Indian theme. Typically two lamb dishes, two chicken dishes, two or three fish dishes and then some vegetarian options. There’s an entree (chicken, sirloin, roast turkey) that’s available each evening; this changes each night. Things that don’t change? Starters. Hummus, falafel, baba ganoush, tzatziki sauce, pita, bread, two soups (changed each evening), amongst some other options. Then, of course, rotating deserts. 

Breakfast was an always a zoo. Kids of all ages at every meal. Bistro food was over all okay but the lack of change got old. We broke it up with dining at the Mason Jar, Central Park 150 and Coastal Kitchen. 

As long as they have Baklava, I'm a happy camper.  Do they?

1 hour ago, EllieinNJ said:

When we were on the Anthem back in Jan. 2022 they still had the sit down dinner which we had to make a reservation for.  Are reservations no longer needed if it is a buffet only?

On Wonder, reservations were "required", but walk ins were not turned away on any evening we were there.

• Thanks 1