Serenade of the Seas waterslide

SwimCarrie

12 minutes ago, SwimCarrie said:

Sailed on Serenade in 2019 and I got stuck sliding down the waterslide due to not having enough water pressure on the slide. 🤣 Has that changed? Any tricks on how to get them to turn the pressure up?

Umm, if you slid down a slide on Serenade it was a ghost slide...  There is no slide on Serenade.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

There has never been a slide on Serenade.  No ship below Voyager class has ever had a water slide.

I'm not going to argue with you...there *is* a waterslide on Serenade. Apparently, it's now billed as a "kid's waterslide". Probably because too many adults got stuck! Haha.

• Haha 4

Just now, SwimCarrie said:

I'm not going to argue with you...there *is* a waterslide on Serenade. Apparently, it's now billed as a "kid's waterslide". Probably because too many adults got stuck! Haha.

Or maybe I never should have been on it! 😜

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Umm, if you slid down a slide on Serenade it was a ghost slide...  There is no slide on Serenade.  

4 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

There has never been a slide on Serenade.  No ship below Voyager class has ever had a water slide.

2 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

That's not what is being talked about here. A small slide for kids would not get an adult stuck in the middle. LOL 

That is what is being talked about here.  You said there has never been a slide on Serenade, that is not correct.  There is a slide that I have seen adults on many times.  It is easy to get stuck as it is designed for kids.

• Like 1

Just now, reallyitsmema said:

That is what is being talked about here.  You said there has never been a slide on Serenade, that is not correct.  There is a slide that I have seen adults on many times.  It is easy to get stuck as it is designed for kids.

(Me not knowing it was only for kids) 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

It was never meant for adults and is in the children's play area.  If some adults got on it doesn't change the fact it was never meant for that and was never advertised as available for adults.  

Still doesn't change the fact that I was on it and it does exist! 😜 But if it's important for you to be right, then you're right! 👍

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

It doesn't say it is only for kids, you were fine.  I am on that ship in a few weeks, I will takes some pictures of the signage as a slide does exist.

We're going soon, too! Much to tree_skiers chagrin, maybe I'll see you there! Lol. 

• Like 1

On our Serenade cruise, there was a mom with her 2 kids that were incredibly disappointed that there were no waterslides on Serenade. She had watched the commercials and ads and incorrectly assumed that they were on all of the ships. 

I am in my 70's and was on the Serenade slide may times.   I don't like the larger newer slides in the parks or bigger ships.  The attendant said it was perfectly acceptable.

I did get stuck once or twice, but most times made it down with no problem.

• Like 1