Bermuda, Port or Starboard for Morning Sun & Afternoon Shade

kessdarln

10 minutes ago, kessdarln said:

At Royal Navel Dockyard, which side on Getaway, Escape, Prima will get morning sun and afternoon shade?  Thank you. 🙂 

Not only won't you know in advance which way the ship will dock, I have been on two Bermuda cruises where the ship changed from port to starboard or vice versa during the stay. (This doesn't happen often, but it can if certain lifeboat tests are required.)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Not only won't you know in advance which way the ship will dock, I have been on two Bermuda cruises where the ship changed from port to starboard or vice versa during the stay. (This doesn't happen often, but it can if certain lifeboat tests are required.)

i had this happen to me one. this is done during the early morning hours like around 2-3am when everyone is sleeping. dont be scared if the ship movement wakes you up 

Completely Captain's discretion. Does he/she want an easy in or easy out? What ships in port upon arrival and departure? Best side for re-provisioning, if necessary? And of course, maintenance issues?

It's Bermuda. Does it really matter? 🙃

• Like 1

We docked with the port side towards the dock while on the Prima in April. My sister in law went on the exact same trip two weeks before us (same ship, same itinerary) and they docked in the opposite direction.

Edited by Pitzel