Is RC skipping ports or is this just an Anthem propeller issue

kitkat343

We really liked our RC cruise last year, and had a very bad experience on NCL where they cancelled one port and the morning of another to help the environment after final payment.  NCL continued to advertise the original itinerary, and people who called NCL to book directly even after the changes were not notified by the phone reps nor were they allowed to cancel.   This seems to be an ongoing issue with NCL:  

I'm reading confusing things about RC about Nassau/Orlando being dropped everywhere and people saying RC is doing this all over the place.  Is that only happening on Antham as a result of the propeller issues (which sucks but I know this is what all cruise lines do when a ship has mechanical issues) or is this a fleetwide issue?  We are trying to avoid NCL in the future and needed to know if this is also a general RC problem or is this just one ship?

7 minutes ago, kitkat343 said:

'm reading confusing things about RC about Nassau/Orlando being dropped everywhere and people saying RC is doing this all over the place.  Is that only happening on Antham as a result of the propeller issues (which sucks but I know this is what all cruise lines do when a ship has mechanical issues) or is this a fleetwide issue?  We are trying to avoid NCL in the future and needed to know if this is also a general RC problem or is this just one ship?

Only on Anthem for select sailings as they have an issue with one engine

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, KKB said:

Was on Anthem last week & no missed ports

Changes were announced yesterday for Florida/Bahamas itins. Due to issues with 4th engine one of ports will be dropped on each route. Port Canaveral or Nassau.

Nassau got canceled and turned into a sea day on our November 12th Anthem cruise.  We get 2.5 more hours in Orlando (we arrive at 6 am, so I guess most will be sleeping those extra hours). Compensation- OBC in the amount of one day’s cruise fare, to be given once you board the ship.  

This situation with Anthem has been ongoing since summer of last year. It seems like they pick the sailings to affect out of a hat. It impacted our 12-night Canary Islands cruise in September last year as well as at least one other similar itinerary, while other sailings went unscathed; we didn’t miss any ports but we lost a considerable amount of time in many of them.  And I remember someone somewhere mentioning it had impacted their Norway cruise this year, although ours was not affected this time round.

We were told back then that it was due to engine maintenance but whether that's the real reason or not I couldn't say.

I read that Anthem needs to travel at 22 knots when doing the east coast sailings from NJ so they will be swapping out PC or Nassau for several sailings until they get 4th engine repaired.

PC is usually a stop to stock up on supplies so maybe they will rotate. 

Miss PC and go to Nassau one week then following week miss Nassau but go to PC.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 4

We are scheduled on Anthem next March for a family cruise.  We went through this same situation last year, when they were reporting engine issues and could not get replacement parts (or something).  We did not know if they would miss a port or even end up canceling the whole cruise in order to go to dry dock.  As it turned out, we did not miss any ports.  Who knows what will happen this year????