Which bar sells fun ship cocktail?

kmor37

First time sailing Carnival, we will be on the Horizon.  I have read through TONS of posts to get a feel for what to expect and what to try.

Many people mentioned getting a "fun ship" cocktail as their first drink on board, but I looked at the 2023 drink menus and don't see it listed anywhere.

Help! How and where (which bar specifically) do I order this amazing concoction 🙂

2 hours ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

On my last 3 cruises, I never saw any "Fun Ship" drinks being offered.  Nor were those words ever used.  This leaves me to believe that they are promoting a new drink in its place.

They found us on the Magic a few weeks ago.

IMG_2352.thumb.jpeg.b5e961b32fcc5dac6c8c7aac0f97e0b0.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

On my last 3 cruises, I never saw any "Fun Ship" drinks being offered.  Nor were those words ever used.  This leaves me to believe that they are promoting a new drink in its place.

What drink?

37 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

I'm not saying that you can't request the Fun Ship... I know that St. Greg still orders them... but they are not on any menus I saw, and the bar wait staff are not mentioning or pushing the Fun Ship, hence, why I think Carnival has moved away from the drink name "Fun Ship".

They haven't offered a special plastic glass in a while.

1 minute ago, Butterbean1000 said:

They haven't offered a special plastic glass in a while.

On our first cruise in 1987 on the Jubilee, they gave everyone boarding a complementary Fun Ship in a Fun Ship Glass... real glass - not plastic.  They may still be around in a box, in the garage... somewhere...  🤣 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

On our first cruise in 1987 on the Jubilee, they gave everyone boarding a complementary Fun Ship in a Fun Ship Glass... real glass - not plastic.  They may still be around in a box, in the garage... somewhere...  🤣 

Yeah, they haven't done this for years.

Ok, this was not Carnival, but we held a fruity rum drink run-off a few months ago The drinks were (in order) Bahama Mama, Rum Punch (Fun Ship), and Rum Runner. As you can see, it was a very serious competition. The winner was the Rum Punch. Cheers!

IMG_1787.thumb.jpeg.736ca3c22248c1c7da5a597e442d6137.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sydney dog said:

Do they just go around now saying "Pirate Punch" instead of "Fun Ship" to everyone as they pass by? 

Yes, pretty much.  And they are usually offered in a specialty container of sorts... like a thermos mug, a shark-head, a dolphin head, a coconut, and I think one other.

5 minutes ago, tensixmom said:

Well I am going to be sad if they don't do them any more.  By now it's tradition that it's the first thing I do!

We have never had any problem ordering a "Funship."  As mentioned, they are the exact same thing as the Pirate Punch, but every waiter I've encountered knows a Funship.  Could change 10 years down the road, but I've asked for a Funship as recently as June without a question.  

Seems like an odd choice on Carnival's part to change the name lol, as lots of people can't wait to order a "Funship" as soon as they board.

• Like 1