heating pad

IrishColleen53

I have always carried the one-time-use paper heating pads (THERMA CARE) that are hot for about 16 hours. I always thought the electric heating pads were not allowed because they are a fire hazard. I would love to be able to take along my electric one instead.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BobbiSox said:

I have always carried the one-time-use paper heating pads (THERMA CARE) that are hot for about 16 hours. I always thought the electric heating pads were not allowed because they are a fire hazard. I would love to be able to take along my electric one instead.

You are correct, heating pads are not allowed. I thank you for mentioning the Therma Care. My daughter and I both use a heating pad at home and will instead bring the Therma care pads.

• Like 1

It's weird bc I was on a HAL cruise when they were still going to Key West.  I hurt my back and went to the CVS there for a heating pad and some Ibuprofin.  The one I bought had an auto shut off.  But, I agree, I can see how they could be a fire hazard.  I like the Therma Care pad idea.  

We had forgotten heating pads weren't allowed and already had it in Europe before embarking. We put it in our carry on bag separating the electric cord from the heating pad and it wasn't flagged at the port security screening. We never used it onboard.

We tried hot water bottles and chemical heating pads. They don't work with our particular afflictions. Instead we bring small auto-shut off electric heating pads in our HAND CARRIED luggage. If they are confiscated I'd rather it be then than having to go to the naughty room. I would not argue with the cruise lines if they were confiscated; we'd just be semi-miserable for the cruise. 😪

We have not had them confiscated...yet. We don't leave them plugged in unless we are using them.

Doug

• Like 1