Odyssey iFly and Northstar extended experience

Dan83

First time on this class of ship. I was briefly considering buying iFly in the cruise planner for the kids. But the “extended experience “ is 2 minutes. No thanks. Is there an included experience?  North Star doesn’t say how long the extended experience is. 

As Nelblu said the pay goes over the water, the free just up and down. Honestly the  free is ok but the pay is way better. I have done both and going over the side of the ship is just so much cooler. To each his own but I feel the pay is worth it. 

Edited by transam84

4 hours ago, Dan83 said:

First time on this class of ship. I was briefly considering buying iFly in the cruise planner for the kids. But the “extended experience “ is 2 minutes. No thanks. Is there an included experience?  North Star doesn’t say how long the extended experience is. 

It says 16 minutes for North Star for my upcoming Anthem cruise, and reservations slots are spaced 20 minutes apart.

IMG_0246.thumb.PNG.cfd527698febe4fbec2791c6c0830c13.PNG

Edited by GimmeOcean

I paid for my daughter to do the iFly experience because the free options were all taken, even before we boarded the ship, and if any additional free slots opened up after boarding, we were never able to find them. 

We also questioned how the 2 minute limit was gonna be, but my daughter said after doing it, she understands why it's so short, and she felt like it was plenty of time.

They actually put about 5 people in a group and the session itself lasts around half an hour (maybe even a whole hour if you include the safety briefing and getting fitted for the outfit, helmet and goggles). 

Then once they get to the iFly portion, each person goes in for a practice for maybe 30 seconds, then they watch the other people do their practice, then go back in for another 30 seconds, repeat, then I think the 3rd time they go in for a full minute. 

My daughter said that with all the wind blowing at you, it takes a lot of work to keep your form correct, and being in there for longer wouldn't have started to diminish the enjoyment. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I paid for my daughter to do the iFly experience because the free options were all taken, even before we boarded the ship, and if any additional free slots opened up after boarding, we were never able to find them. 

We also questioned how the 2 minute limit was gonna be, but my daughter said after doing it, she understands why it's so short, and she felt like it was plenty of time.

They actually put about 5 people in a group and the session itself lasts around half an hour (maybe even a whole hour if you include the safety briefing and getting fitted for the outfit, helmet and goggles). 

Then once they get to the iFly portion, each person goes in for a practice for maybe 30 seconds, then they watch the other people do their practice, then go back in for another 30 seconds, repeat, then I think the 3rd time they go in for a full minute. 

My daughter said that with all the wind blowing at you, it takes a lot of work to keep your form correct, and being in there for longer wouldn't have started to diminish the enjoyment. 

I meant to say "would have" started to diminish the enjoyment. Not wouldn't have. 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2023 at 4:57 PM, brevardcruiser said:

The north star extended was SOOOO worth going over the water!!

Since we finally booked the star at $29.99 pp we thought it well worth that as well, wouldn't have paid that to be docked at a port and just up and down, but cruising and being able to look at both sides of the ship was thrilling.  But once and done though.  Unless we do one to Alaska.

On 10/3/2023 at 3:10 PM, GimmeOcean said:

It says 16 minutes for North Star for my upcoming Anthem cruise, and reservations slots are spaced 20 minutes apart.

IMG_0246.thumb.PNG.cfd527698febe4fbec2791c6c0830c13.PNG

Can you now purchase these before your cruise in the cruise planner?  Or not until you board?

21 minutes ago, GimmeOcean said:

Yes, you can reserve a time and you have to pay for it in advance. 

That's great, thanks.  So what it was like before covid.  When we were on Anthem we couldn't book until we boarded.  Will probably want to book these (extended version) for our Odyssey cruise so good to know we can book beforehand.

1 minute ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Where in the app do I find the Northstar extended to purchase? Or do I have to go online to the online cruise planner?

Go to the Daily Planner in the app, select a sea day and it'll be listed under activities, assuming it is close enough to your cruise date. Seem to have just shown up recently for my December cruise on Anthem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1