Chops or Giovanni's?

Let's talk price.  On our upcomng Oasis sailing Chops goes for $65.  But you are also giving up dinner in the MDR which you have already paid for.  Let's say that's worth $20, bringing the actual cost to $85.

Is it worth it?  Not in my opinion.

35 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Let's say that's worth $20, bringing the actual cost to $85.

A better comparison would be to ask if you had a free dinner at say Outback would you pay $65pp extra to go down the street to <insert some steak house "better" than Outback>.

4 hours ago, yogimax said:

Let's talk price.  On our upcomng Oasis sailing Chops goes for $65.  But you are also giving up dinner in the MDR which you have already paid for.  Let's say that's worth $20, bringing the actual cost to $85.

If you book the three night it's $131 for three meals. or the BOGO for $88. Myself, I booked Chops for lunch at $25, you still get the 8 ounce filet. 

6 hours ago, yogimax said:

Have you eaten out recently?  I have paid more than that for a meal for one without getting a good steak.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SRF said:

Have you eaten out recently?  I have paid more than that for a meal for one without getting a good steak.

You must live in a big city then or going to the wrong places, Just go to Texas Roadhouse and get a  20 oz Bone in Rib Eye for $28.99 , much better buy then anything on the ship.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

On 10/4/2023 at 5:18 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

Giovannis is our new favorite.   

Chops was our favorite but we have been disappointed with their sides recently and filet not as good as Giovannis.

We agree. Somehow, Chops has gone down a notch. Giovanni filets are superb!

• Like 2

On 10/13/2023 at 6:48 PM, Jimbo said:

You must live in a big city then or going to the wrong places, Just go to Texas Roadhouse and get a  20 oz Bone in Rib Eye for $28.99 , much better buy then anything on the ship.

Is Texas Roadhouse sponsoring you now, Jimbo?  That is a lot of plugs for a bad chain restaurant.  I am not saying the Ribeye isn’t pretty good, but the Texas Roadhouse experience is pretty dang sad.  

JC

9 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Is Texas Roadhouse sponsoring you now, Jimbo?  That is a lot of plugs for a bad chain restaurant.  I am not saying the Ribeye isn’t pretty good, but the Texas Roadhouse experience is pretty dang sad.  

JC

Okay no more sponsoring, But I'm telling you the truth here in Virginia, not sure if it is just because of the area we live in with all the local cattle around here. Not sure if they buy local or not but we have never had a bad steak here and all our experiences at Texas Roadhouse have been great!