Visas

Borna

I am registered for the 2024-2025 African cruise on Sojourn.  Many countries visited on the cruise require visas. 

Does Seabourn take care of the visas?

Or, is that responsibility on my shoulders?

thx

Interesting negativity.  We are on a 33 day leg of the 2024 Sojourn WC starting in January.  Just received an email from Seabourn stating the visa requirements for our cruise.  A visa on arrival will be arranged for Timor L'Este and Indonesia; a visa is required for China, an eTA is required for Australia with a link, and which nationals need a visa for Taiwan.  It ends with a sentence thanking you for your trust in us.  I think I will trust what they said.

Ray

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Borna said:

I am registered for the 2024-2025 African cruise on Sojourn.  Many countries visited on the cruise require visas. 

Does Seabourn take care of the visas?

Or, is that responsibility on my shoulders?

thx

I was told when we put it on hold last week that Visas are taken care of.  And this is from the website (under Book and receive, first line, to the right) ...

image.png.b2c37e540963b1cd9c57f4a0ae8349e9.png

21 hours ago, zelker said:

I was told when we put it on hold last week that Visas are taken care of.  And this is from the website (under Book and receive, first line, to the right) ...

image.png.b2c37e540963b1cd9c57f4a0ae8349e9.png

Maybe that's a perk for a GRAND voyage.

On 10/9/2023 at 4:33 AM, USN59-79 said:

Interesting negativity.  We are on a 33 day leg of the 2024 Sojourn WC starting in January.  Just received an email from Seabourn stating the visa requirements for our cruise.  A visa on arrival will be arranged for Timor L'Este and Indonesia; a visa is required for China, an eTA is required for Australia with a link, and which nationals need a visa for Taiwan.  It ends with a sentence thanking you for your trust in us.  I think I will trust what they said.

Ray

That’s because the world cruise comes with a visa package for Americans as an inclusion. It’s the only cruise where you get support like that. And only if you’re American. And still, lots had issues in various African ports. 

Edited by florisdekort
  • Like 1

I am only on 38 days of the African grand voyage as I've been several times to the places seen on the eastern part of Africa.  I board in Cape Town, and go to the end in Barcelona.  Very interested in seeing the west coast of Africa.  Some countries, particularly for cruises, give a day visa on arrival.  So, far, my own research is not finding any of those and I guess I'll need to apply for a regular single entry visa ahead of time.  

5 hours ago, zelker said:

Yes, it is and yes, we're booked for the full 90 day Grand Africa voyage.  @Borna Are you booked on the full thing or just a segment?

• Like 1

For those on the 38 day Cape Town to Barcelona leg, here's what I independently learned and I welcome any corrections:

No visa required for US citizens to visit: South Africa; Namibia; Sao Tome and Principe; Senegal; Cape Verde; Canary Islands; Morocco; Gibraltar; Spain.

Visa required for US citizens to visit: Angola; Benin; Togo; Ghana; Ivory Coast; Gambia; Algeria.

• Thanks 1

We had switched from this November's 90 day around Africa cruise on Fred Olsen to next year's Seabourn one. I too was very concerned about the visa situation, Fred Olsen did send out an email about what countries required visas for UK passengers, which ones could be obtained on board the ship, and which ones needed to be applied for before the cruise. I am hoping that Seabourn will do the same for US passengers, especially as some countries seemed to want you to mail in your passport to get the visa.