VISTA

LHT28

Just thought I would post a few  comments on our current cruise  since we have another sea day

It was pretty bumpy last night 

saw this morning 2  glass panels on the pool deck & above  shattered

We also have a stowaway   a little bird  must got on in port  so now he is going to NYC  with us  ..hope he has friends & family there 

Food so far as been very good

We ate in Ember last week    very nice table by the window  too bad  it was too dark to see anything  Oceania should do something about that  😉

DH had the Cheeseburger    it was huge  & said it was better than WAVES

I had the filet  & baked potato  it was very good 

Dinner in Dining room one night  but at the very back &  nice larger window  but again too dark to see anything

Lunch in GDR today was very good  some rocking but  we survived

Red Ginger last  week was the best meal we have had there in years ..everything was flavourful & cooked to perfection

DH  had the spicy Udon noodles  & just a little heat to them but just the right amount of spice

I do not know what I was thinking when I booked the  French balcony cabin

I knew the life boats were there  but must  have been a bad head day

several tender ports  so 7am or earlier they are making sure the lifeboats  are ready to be lowered

YIKES  ..I am not  a morning person so this wake up call is a shock to my system 😲

The cabins feel smaller than  the A B & C  cabins on the other ships

the W/C   is a good size & the shower is good

I find the storage  space for drawers not as plentiful as the other ships

The safe however is a very good size

my laptop  fits easily  inside  along with my  good size purse  ...door opening is 15" x 6" with  maybe an inch or so more  inside

The bakery   has some very tasty treat  during the day   I can see a diet in our future

well deciding if we need to go to tea or not

Any question I will try to answer

PS I tried a few of the cocktails from Founders Bar  YUMMY  

Lyn

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Thanks for sharing.

sorry I didn’t catch what was the issue with the lifeboats. The French balcony is the same size as other OV or veranda on Marina and Riviera, are they different layout? Not sure why they feel smaller.

10 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

Thanks for sharing.

sorry I didn’t catch what was the issue with the lifeboats. The French balcony is the same size as other OV or veranda on Marina and Riviera, are they different layout? Not sure why they feel smaller.

the lifeboats are under the window

Lack of drawers space compared to  the other ships

The drawers in the night stands do not hold much  there are 2 big drawers in the desk  plus 2 small drawers

just feels like less space to me  & I brought less clothes  😉

2 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

the lifeboats are under the window

Lack of drawers space compared to  the other ships

The drawer in the night stands do not hold much  there are 2 big drawers in the desk  plus 2 small drawers

just feels like less space to me  & I brought less clothes  😉

Yes I know they are under the window. Same as OV on the Riviera and Marina. But what’s the issue?

1 minute ago, AMHuntFerry said:

It's happy hour so I'll answer 😉 ...early morning noise when tenders are used.

Is it different couple decks above in the same location? Do you hear the noise even with the door closed?

I’m sensitive to noise too, just wondering why I never had any issues with OV on the Riviera.

I heard virtually no noise in my cabin on Vista until last night. All night it sounded like the ship was going to break apart in the inclement weather. I don’t recall any ship sounding that bad in almost 40 years of cruising. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Wheelhouse said:

I heard virtually no noise in my cabin on Vista until last night. All night it sounded like the ship was going to break apart in the inclement weather. I don’t recall any ship sounding that bad in almost 40 years of cruising. 

Yet this morning all is well I hope!  I haven't been following the weather but I know it is hurricane season around the US and Caribbean...

Was in Balcony cabin for the same transalantic cruise. 

We too were use to past sailing that the storage space was in the cabin.  After a few days we discovered lots of extra storage in the Washroom, almost as much as in the rest of the cabin.

Food was great, however Embers was an extreme disappointment.

Staff were very attentive, but service in some venues was slower than in the past.

Disappointed the we missed four ports (one fog, three Hurricane Lee) but understand the importance of safety, 

While waves were 14 to 16 feet during the Hurricane, we were able to move around reasonable well and no sickness for us (others were by our guess because the number of open tables in resturants was way, way up.

The comics entertainers on board were some of the best we have seen onboard, TV, or movies.

Suggestion:  want to save on their wine, ask for the end of line wine list, substantial savings.

Love our trip, impressed with VISTA, best washroom upgrade I seen.

4 hours ago, ak1004 said:

Are tenders always operated on the starboard side?

I cannot answer that  as this is the first sailing on Vista but I cannot see them just using the lifeboats on one side

In the past on the other ships they use both sides of the ship's tenders

I have never had a C cabin on the O class ships  but the the  lowering of the tenders on Vistas have the motor noise from the davits

We have heard them on the R ships as well but  usually far enough away not to be a problem

I am just not used to have a motorized  davit under the cabin

YMMV

• Like 1

today in NYC for overnight

so safe at the dock 😉

One thing I noticed  in the deck 7 laundry  room  no cooler with drinks like on the O class ships

a couple of nights the GDR was lined up at 6:15  they opened the tables early to seat people

I spoke to the maitre'd  about something else & he mentions they seated over 300 people in the 1st 20 mins  & I can believe that 

we were in the Grand hallway lounge listening to the quartet  & the line was all the way past them  as soon as the line moved a bit more pax came

it was never ending

sunny & cool in NYC

Lyn

7 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

a couple of nights the GDR was lined up at 6:15  they opened the tables early to seat people

I spoke to the maitre'd  about something else & he mentions they seated over 300 people in the 1st 20 mins  & I can believe that 

That's progress, but would be nice if they figured out there was an actual, strong demand for an earlier scheduled opening.   6pm or even 5:30?

10 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

today in NYC for overnight

so safe at the dock 😉

One thing I noticed  in the deck 7 laundry  room  no cooler with drinks like on the O class ships

we were in the Grand hallway lounge listening to the quartet  & the line was all the way past them  as soon as the line moved a bit more pax came

it was never ending

sunny & cool in NYC

Lyn

Hi Lyn - I think the big lineup at the GDR the last few nights might have been because of the O Loyalty parties and everyone rushed to the GDR from there.....all dressed up and so decided to go to the GRD instead of Terrace

• Like 1

Just now, Snaefell3 said:

That's progress, but would be nice if they figured out there was an actual, strong demand for an earlier scheduled opening.   6pm or even 5:30?

I think it was because pax were almost banging on the door  LOL

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Snaefell3 said:

Need to give time for turnaround,even staff deserves a two hour break. Also if you opened earlier they would just line up earlier.

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

FYI

Changed the O Club bottle of red wine for white wine

same brand is on the bar menu

Opened it  & it was disgusting

They should just not bother giving it  as  a perk if they are going to supply crap

I am not  a wine expert but  it was certainly  yucky 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Snaefell3 said:

Eating at 6:30 is a bit late for us too, but if on the ship, we go to afternoon tea and have some snacks/sandwiches. On SS the dining venues open at 7pm, so it's even worse, but same solution worked there.

4 hours ago, Snaefell3 said:

Social Hostess said years ago that mgt doesn’t want earlier dining. They’re afraid it would turn the ships into “ ghost ships “ by 7:00, thus turning off a larger number of cruisers.

Enough cruisers have disappeared for the night by 8-8:30 now, changing that to 7-7:30 would create a reputation O doesn’t want. There is always room service for those wanting an early dinner.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ak1004 said:

Eating at 6:30 is a bit late for us too, but if on the ship, we go to afternoon tea and have some snacks/sandwiches. On SS the dining venues open at 7pm, so it's even worse, but same solution worked there.

Alas, then we've had tea *and* dinner.  

Great until we meet up with the after-cruise scales 🙄

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, ak1004 said:

Earlier this year I was on a British ship. For passengers 50 and above -- with the emphasis on "above." All dining venues open at 6:30PM, but 7:00 is a good time to go. I never headed to the main dining room before 7. Guess it was because I was so close to France.😉

1 minute ago, GerryL13 said:

Earlier this year I was on a British ship. For passengers 50 and above -- with the emphasis on "above." All dining venues open at 6:30PM, but 7:00 is a good time to go. I never headed to the main dining room before 7. Guess it was because I was so close to France.😉

For us, it’s like boarding a plane since we’ve never known hunger on a cruise ship. Allow those needing extra time to get in and seated first . Arriving at 7:00 is convenient for and gives extra time tothe more limited mobility ones.

• Like 1