Princess Plus Question

cusematt4

41 minutes ago, cusematt4 said:

Hi All - is it at all possible for only 1 of 2 people in a cabin to get Princess Plus?  Or is it required for both to add?

Thank you.

No if one gets the plus package the 2nd must as well. If you only want the beverage package then yes but that costs more than plus and does not come with Wi-Fi and gratuities 

• Like 1

Shame on Princess for using such confusing terms in their offerings!  If you're speaking of the Plus *FARE* package then what @memoak says is correct...Pax 1 & 2 must both take the Plus Fare package.  There is no way to book just one person in that manner.

If speaking of the Plus *BEVERAGE* Package...yes, both pax do NOT have to take it.

2 hours ago, cusematt4 said:

Hi All - is it at all possible for only 1 of 2 people in a cabin to get Princess Plus?  Or is it required for both to add?

Thank you.

No, if you're asking about the Princess Plus stand-alone beverage package. One can buy and the other not, or two different beverage packages, etc.

Yes, 1st two passengers in cabin are required to buy Princess Plus Cruise Package, if you're talking the bundled Cruise Packages. 1st two passengers must buy, if one wants them the other has to, whether Plus or Premier Cruise Packages.

4 hours ago, cusematt4 said:

Thank you.

I have only heard of if pax 2 is a minor they will make an exception, otherwise pax 1/2 must have the same package

5 hours ago, CastMember 02 said:

I have only heard of if pax 2 is a minor they will make an exception, otherwise pax 1/2 must have the same package

My understanding is that if the 2nd passenger is a minor they get t

he non alcoholic package 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Shame on Princess for using such confusing terms in their offerings!  If you're speaking of the Plus *FARE* package then what @memoak says is correct...Pax 1 & 2 must both take the Plus Fare package.  There is no way to book just one person in that manner.

If speaking of the Plus *BEVERAGE* Package...yes, both pax do NOT have to take it.

I actually don't think it was a bad thing.  Makes sense to have the beverage package aligned with the AI Fare package.  I suppose they could have had the Value Beverage package and the Better Beverage package and aligned them with Plus and Premier, but I find it okay the way it is.

I was told by Princess……and our cruise planner….that if one of us bought the plus package that both of us HAD to 🤷🏻‍♀️……also, if one had it and wanted to upgrade to premier, both have to upgrade 

Edited by Purplsmurf
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Purplsmurf said:

I was told by Princess……and our cruise planner….that if one of us bought the plus package that both of us HAD to 🤷🏻‍♀️……also, if one had it and wanted to upgrade to premier, both have to upgrade 

That is correct - if you're talking about the bundled Cruise Packages.  

Not if you're talking about the standalone beverage packages of the same names.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reedprincess said:

That is correct - if you're talking about the bundled Cruise Packages.  

Not if you're talking about the standalone beverage packages of the same names.. 

I was given false information then. I was told that if we wanted to buy a drink package (not included in price) then both of us had to buy it. It used to be that one could and the other didn’t have to, but that has changed……at least that’s what I was told 

Guest Snaxmuppet
2 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

I was given false information then. I was told that if we wanted to buy a drink package (not included in price) then both of us had to buy it. It used to be that one could and the other didn’t have to, but that has changed……at least that’s what I was told 

It is the beverage package that one can buy separately... but the plus and premium packages both must buy at the same level (Plus/Plus or Premium/Premium)

2 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

Whoever told you was incorrect.

Stand alone beverage package. either plus or premier, can be purchased by one individual in the cabin and not the other.

Packages that include the beverage package, wifi, crew incentive, casual dining, and other things require both in the cabin to purchase.

Princess needs to change the naming of these fares and packages. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Purplsmurf said:

Well it is good you thought you couldn't do it, because it makes no sense to purchase the standalone Plus/Premier Beverage packages due to the artificial high cost of them.  Just buy the Cruise Fare package for two people and you are better off.  (Unless perhaps you don't pay CA and don't use any Internet).

Edited by Steelers36

18 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Well it is good you thought you couldn't do it, because it makes no sense to purchase the standalone Plus/Premier Beverage packages due to the artificial high cost of them.  Just buy the Cruise Fare package for two people and you are better off.  (Unless perhaps you don't pay CA and don't use any Internet).

Not sure what CA is. We ended up purchasing the whole package….tips, internet and drinks. Sure wish everyone at Princess was on the same page. My parents booked this cruise for us and that’s when the question was asked about buying the drink package separately. Two cruise planners from Princess said yes, both people HAVE to buy it, and I asked my TA (even though this wasn’t booked by her) and she called Princess and was told yes as well. Just saying what my experience was. I questioned it because Celebrity requires it and seems that the cruise lines are doing similar things.

57 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

Not sure what CA is. We ended up purchasing the whole package….tips, internet and drinks. Sure wish everyone at Princess was on the same page. My parents booked this cruise for us and that’s when the question was asked about buying the drink package separately. Two cruise planners from Princess said yes, both people HAVE to buy it, and I asked my TA (even though this wasn’t booked by her) and she called Princess and was told yes as well. Just saying what my experience was. I questioned it because Celebrity requires it and seems that the cruise lines are doing similar things.

Things get lost in translation.  Not all TA's are experts, etc.  Plus, TA's are conditioned to sell the cruise fare packages.  As long as you get the value from the package, it is certainly the way to go.  If the cruise fare package was not valuable to someone, then neither would the standalone beverage packages (alcohol) be valuable.