Live from Summit (I'm going to try)

Smellytoes

maybe time to move on with the review.. some of the " off menu" choices seem interesting!

We love Bonaire but have not snorkeled there.  Was the current strong,?  I am not a strong swimner..so we have hesitated 

Happy to hear about a healthy reef!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RichYak said:

That’s unfortunate. Your waiter failed on multiple levels. The head waiter should have been alerted. 

Have to agree with you.  A maitre'd once told me he really wants to know so he can make sure the same doesn't happen to another guest.   He assured me the waiter would not get in trouble but he just needs to give them some additional training on how not to forget something.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hcat said:

maybe time to move on with the review.. some of the " off menu" choices seem interesting!

We love Bonaire but have not snorkeled there.  Was the current strong,?  I am not a strong swimner..so we have hesitated 

A HAL crew member died in curacao this year while snorkeling.  All my sports activities involve the use of a remote.

• Haha 6

On 10/19/2023 at 12:39 PM, Smellytoes said:

Last night we ran into our first service issue. The waiter brought my daughters food but forgot mine. By the time we could find the waiter my daughter was finished so we just walked out

Ouch!!  That's not good!  But I like your attitude in the face of that challenge.  I typically wouldnt report on the poor service to the manager either.  Sometimes those things happen.  Its not worth getting your panties in a bunch over, imo.  How did the waiter know when he apologized the next day, that you werent served your entree the night before?  

Edited by Huddler

16 hours ago, hcat said:

The current wasn’t strong but life vests were mandatory. They were very safety conscious

14 hours ago, Huddler said:

Ouch!!  That's not good!  But I like your attitude in the face of that challenge.  I typically wouldnt report on the poor service to the manager either.  Sometimes those things happen.  Its not worth getting your panties in a bunch over, imo.  How did the waiter know when he apologized the next day, that you werent served your entree the night before?  

I have no idea how he knew but he seemed really scared. I felt bad for him

16 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Posts are coming through great.   BTW do you have the Basic or Premium Wifi.  

I only have the basic Wi-Fi and this site doesn’t always load. If you really need to stay connected upgrade to the premium. That works great. My daughter upgraded

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Smellytoes said:

The current wasn’t strong but life vests were mandatory. They were very safety conscious

Maybe we'll snorkel  next time!

We loved touring the island  Had a small group  in large bus with A/C,   amazing flamingos close up, interesting history sites and  we always  enjoy the local. craft and spice market.  We usually have lunch in the port! 

Glad you had a nice snorkel experience and a good dinner in the mdr

23 hours ago, Smellytoes said:

I could have done that but by the time I realized zed my food wasn’t coming I was exhausted so we left. That wasn’t the waiters fault. He did come up to us last night and profusely apologized. I reassured him that it wasn’t his fault that I was too tired to hang around. He really is a sweet kid doing the best he can

If you report a waiter for underperforming they send them to the buffet; and they work there until they get better at their job

2 hours ago, Smellytoes said:

After another beautiful day in Aruba I saw a show with 3 Motown singers. These guys were great! Then dinner in the mdr. I had corn fritters and some beef dish and neither one was on the menu. Again the food and service was excellent 

Are you saying the menu on the app does not have all the items which are listed on paper menu in dining room? Cheers

5 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

If you report a waiter for underperforming they send them to the buffet; and they work there until they get better at their job

Do those serving in the MDR make more than the servers in the buffet?  The MDR server position seems to be more coveted than the room attendant or buffet server jobs.

8 minutes ago, Huddler said:

Do those serving in the MDR make more than the servers in the buffet?  The MDR server position seems to be more coveted than the room attendant or buffet server jobs.

I do not have an answer to that question;  all I know if one of our waiters was not doing a good job and next thing I know he was working in buffet and we were assigned another waiter in dining room

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Smellytoes said:

I only have the basic Wi-Fi and this site doesn’t always load. If you really need to stay connected upgrade to the premium. That works great. My daughter upgraded

Thanks... with the basic you are doing excellent.   Most can't get it to load at all.   CC is very data intensive with a lot of behind of the scene activity.

Really enjoying your Live Post.

9 hours ago, Smellytoes said:

Thanks for that info.  My DD 22 and DS 19 will be with us on or Edge cruise over Christmas and New Years.  There are several sea days so they would lose their minds if their connectivity were compromised in any way!!  Ok Zoomers!!  So, I just upgraded to Premium Internet for all 4 of us!  That is 1 more thing that I dont have to worry about!

19 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks... with the basic you are doing excellent.   Most can't get it to load at all.   CC is very data intensive with a lot of behind of the scene activity.

Really enjoying your Live Post.

I am also on the ship with basic wifi and not having any issues with it whatsoever.   Not even in my room which is midship deck 3.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2023 at 11:56 AM, thepoint said:

Just wondering, if items are not on the menu - do they give you a paper menu in the restaurant, or does the waiter tell you additional items without your asking?  Thank you.  

We do receive actual menus in the dining room.

On 10/19/2023 at 12:43 PM, Smellytoes said:

I just spent today snorkeling in Bonaire and visiting Klein Bonaire. The snorkeling g was spectacular  the coral was healthy and loaded with fish. We also saw turtles. I highly recommend this excursion

Bonaire is renown for its diving and snorkeling. I’m glad you enjoyed it. 

Omg. It loaded. I’ve been trying to get on here all day and my internet kept getting cut off 

Last night was lobster with flank steak and baked Alaska for dessert. They brought back the blue cheese soufflé which was amazing

the show in the theatre was soundtrack and it was very good

• Like 1

Today started with JetBlue giving me a heartattack. They sent a text saying my flight was cancelled and they were looking for

other options and would get back to me later  It looks like they just changed our flight number and changed our seats that we paid extra for. I didn’t know they could do that. At least we are still on a flight home tomorrow even if it’s in crappy middle seats

Just an FYI if you find yourself liking your cruise, consider joining the Captain's Club, which has free perks (including 4 free drinks daily on your SeaPass once you reach Elite). Since Royal and Celebrity are owned by the same company, you'll get a status match for Royal's Crown and Anchor Society (their Captain's Club). The match will last until you reach Diamond on Royal or Elite on Celebrity. For example, let's say you're Gold on Royal and Select on Celebrity, you'll be given the equivalent tier on Royal, even though you won't be acquiring points on Royal for a Celebrity cruise. 

You can visit the Captain's Club Ambassador desk or Guest Services to enroll onboard or you can enroll at home.