Live from Summit (I'm going to try)

Smellytoes

I was on the Summit last December, first time on Celebrity, like you I've primarily sailed on NCL. The ship needed paint in some of the outdoor areas, rust in the floor of the basketball court, etc. Are you finding the same or have they been able to touch up a bit? I'll be back on her this December and hoping some of these things have been addressed. The solarium is and nearby sauna are big reasons I'll be returning for another relaxing short cruise.

Thanks for sharing your journey, but don't do so much that you forget to enjoy your cruise!

On 10/21/2023 at 6:05 AM, Smellytoes said:

I only have the basic Wi-Fi and this site doesn’t always load. If you really need to stay connected upgrade to the premium. That works great. My daughter upgraded

Can you share how much is the cost for upgrade from Classic to Premium onboard? Can you purchase the upgrade for the days you need it? 

I only need Premium for 1 day of my 4 days on Summit so would like to upgrade for only 1 day instead of paying for the full duration. Thanks,

18 hours ago, Nola26 said:

I was on the Summit last December, first time on Celebrity, like you I've primarily sailed on NCL. The ship needed paint in some of the outdoor areas, rust in the floor of the basketball court, etc. Are you finding the same or have they been able to touch up a bit? I'll be back on her this December and hoping some of these things have been addressed. The solarium is and nearby sauna are big reasons I'll be returning for another relaxing short cruise.

Thanks for sharing your journey, but don't do so much that you forget to enjoy your cruise!

On 10/19/2023 at 9:31 PM, RichYak said:

That’s unfortunate. Your waiter failed on multiple levels. The head waiter should have been alerted. 

There was some rust by the pool and on our balcony but it wasn’t bad

5 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Smellytoes;  looks like JetBlue changed the size of your aircraft;  maybe they had more people wanting to fly so they added the aircraft with a few more seats.  Middle Seats are not nice

It’s ok. As long as we get home safely is all that matters. It’s not a long flight  I just hate that I paid a higher price to pick my seat and I don’t get to pick my seat but JetBlue gets my money

• Like 2

1 hour ago, harbourxie said:

Can you share how much is the cost for upgrade from Classic to Premium onboard? Can you purchase the upgrade for the days you need it? 

I only need Premium for 1 day of my 4 days on Summit so would like to upgrade for only 1 day instead of paying for the full duration. Thanks,

I forget how much I paid for the upgrade. I did it before we left. I have no idea if you can purchase it just for a day

Well I’m on my way home in my crappy middle seat   I have to say I didn’t realize how much I needed that cruise. My husband passed away suddenly this year and it left me reeling. I find myself a young 57 yo widow. I never thought my life would turn out like this. This cruise gave me the peace that I was missing

The ship was wonderful. The service was great and most of the food was excellent   I look forward to hopefully do it again next year

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Smellytoes said:

Well I’m on my way home in my crappy middle seat   I have to say I didn’t realize how much I needed that cruise. My husband passed away suddenly this year and it left me reeling. I find myself a young 57 yo widow. I never thought my life would turn out like this. This cruise gave me the peace that I was missing

The ship was wonderful. The service was great and most of the food was excellent   I look forward to hopefully do it again next year

I'm very sorry for your loss. I'm glad the cruise helped in the healing process.

• Like 3

glad you made it home without issues.....maybe you can speak with JET BLUE about having to take a middle seat when you paid extra for a better one????

hope you find peace and comfort in your memories...and future happiness!

Cruises are a good way to heal and re- set..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Smellytoes said:

So sorry for your loss Smellytoes.   I m glad you went on this cruise and came back with peace.   Thank you for taking the time to share with us 

7 hours ago, Smellytoes said:

I am so sorry for the loss of your husband.  I bet he is also at peace too knowing that you had enjoyed a much deserved cruise.  Bless you for letting us sail along.  

I believe you stated that you were going to "try" to do this review and it would be your first time doing so.  You should be proud that you gave it a shot and also that so many of us enjoyed your reporting.  Like talking to a friend.

Wish you well.

16 hours ago, Smellytoes said:

Sorry to hear about your husband passing.  You really needed this cruise for the reasons you mentioned.  All the best and prayers for a safe trip home

On 10/21/2023 at 9:36 AM, AF-1 said:

If you report a waiter for underperforming they send them to the buffet; and they work there until they get better at their job

Hi 

quick question, my last waiter was not really good. I saw him taking order for eggs at the MDR. Does it means that he is in training now? 

23 hours ago, Smellytoes said:

So sorry for your loss.  Agree that cruises are healing.  I too lost DH suddenly (given 3-6 months, gone in 3 weeks).  There’s just something about cruises that indeed bring peace.  Still true for me even 10 years later.

On 10/24/2023 at 12:26 PM, mcatmcat said:

Hi 

quick question, my last waiter was not really good. I saw him taking order for eggs at the MDR. Does it means that he is in training now? 

quite possible they have him re-training

On 10/19/2023 at 10:43 AM, Smellytoes said:

I just spent today snorkeling in Bonaire and visiting Klein Bonaire. The snorkeling g was spectacular  the coral was healthy and loaded with fish. We also saw turtles. I highly recommend this excursion

That was one of the best ships excursions we've ever done.  They picked us up right at the dock.  The crew were so passionate about the ocean, the coral and Bonaire. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, AtSeaAlways said:

Was any ballroom/latin dancing in the lounges observed?  Is there a quiet place to read, etc?  I like to wake up super early and try to escape the piped in music.  I see compared to the Connie there is no library.  

I was on the same sailing, they had ballroom classes in the Sky Lounge