Solo Supplement (DP340) Blackout Periods?

nelblu

What are the blackout dates for promo code DP 340.  I know that most of the Summer months are blocked out, but don't recall the rest of the year.

In past bookings, I was able to use the promo on Easter sails but did a few mock bookings and is not available.

Edited by nelblu

It was updated within the past year.  #43 from the C&A Benefits grid:   Single members must have at least 340 Cruise Points earned
to receive the single cruise fare at 150%. This offer is based on
availability with certain restrictions. Ocean Voyage Packages,
Holiday sailings (Christmas, New Year’s, Thanksgiving,
Easter/Spring break) and the peak summer months of June 15
thru August 15 are not included in this offer.

Edited by Anton
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Anton said:

It was updated within the past year.  #43 from the C&A Benefits grid:   Single members must have at least 340 Cruise Points earned
to receive the single cruise fare at 150%. This offer is based on
availability with certain restrictions. Ocean Voyage Packages,
Holiday sailings (Christmas, New Year’s, Thanksgiving,
Easter/Spring break) and the peak summer months of June 15
thru August 15 are not included in this offer.

Ok. my bad as I did not pay attention to the addition to the footnote.  Holiday sailings has been added to the footnote.   In doing the mock bookings, it seems that "kids sail free promo" is also not available on Easter sail, going forward.

Just now, nelblu said:

Ok. my bad as I did not pay attention to the addition to the footnote.  Holiday sailings has been added to the footnote.   In doing the mock bookings, it seems that "kids sail free promo" is also not available on Easter sail, going forward.

That being said they do what they want. During July I saw they lifted the blackout period and let the code be used for a period of time.

Me and molly are booked for xmas on adventure for xmas 2024 and I think she booked xmas 2023 and the DP340 code works for over xmas but not for NYE. So I'm cruising xmas 2024. With the DP340 code. Says on their site it's a holiday cruise but code was still working last I checked.

Maybe a older ship with less demand makes a difference?  Idk .. but do try the code no matter what you read in writing. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

That being said they do what they want. During July I saw they lifted the blackout period and let the code be used for a period of time.

Me and molly are booked for xmas on adventure for xmas 2024 and I think she booked xmas 2023 and the DP340 code works for over xmas but not for NYE. So I'm cruising xmas 2024. With the DP340 code. Says on their site it's a holiday cruise but code was still working last I checked.

Maybe a older ship with less demand makes a difference?  Idk .. but do try the code no matter what you read in writing. 

Yes I believe I got the solo supplement for Christmas 2024 but I just now priced out a sailing on Utopia for AFTER August 15, 2024 (August 19th) and it is NOT giving me the solo supplement for it

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I do.  I check every box that may be available to me--whether senior or residency.

By the way, ref: second sentence, was it published/publicized or you just found it while doing mock bookings.

4 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I do.  I check every box that may be available to me--whether senior or residency.

By the way, ref: second sentence, was it published/publicized or you just found it while doing mock bookings.

I'm moving to PC (I hope) and doing mock bookings. There were some eastern with ports new to me and southern. Dec had 8 days eastern and 6 days over xmas and I honestly wasnt thinking about it but put in the DP340 code where you put in the code on mock bookings. I just did it as usual. Molly booked when it came out, I only booked a few months ago. Just now checked and the code still works. Note on rcl page it says holiday sailing..its the one at the top dec 21, out of pc.

So I told my TA to add it as a b2b. He might have said he had to do a little tap dancing to make it work with group rates because of it being listed as a holiday. 

See here it is on rcl, then the next page where you put in the code, it took it, says applied. Then the new lower prices.. 

Why I say dont take everything as written in stone. 

20231016_143209595.jpeg

20231016_143304067.jpeg

20231016_143406508.jpeg

It's not unusual when new seasons first open for a ship to have a few DP340 eligible "slots" even during blackout periods.  Perhaps it's a mistake, bad IT or just that there are a couple available on purpose.  Once they are booked they are no longer available for anyone to see like they never were available.

The mystery of Royal platforms and systems.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, twangster said:

It's not unusual when new seasons first open for a ship to have a few DP340 eligible "slots" even during blackout periods.  Perhaps it's a mistake, bad IT or just that there are a couple available on purpose.  Once they are booked they are no longer available for anyone to see like they never were available.

I'm booked on this cruise yet I still see the price with DP340 applied just a hour ago. It had been released quite a while ago when I booked and still shows the code works. I'm not even close to the first booked on this dec 2024 holiday cruise. I only booked a few months ago. Some booked last dec it shows on the roll call. I'd say more than a couple have booked with this code since last dec. 

Maybe it's not a popular ship is my guess. IT is a mystery.

33 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm booked on this cruise yet I still see the price with DP340 applied just a hour ago. It had been released quite a while ago when I booked and still shows the code works. I'm not even close to the first booked on this dec 2024 holiday cruise. I only booked a few months ago. Some booked last dec it shows on the roll call. I'd say more than a couple have booked with this code since last dec. 

Maybe it's not a popular ship is my guess. IT is a mystery.

I'm guessing someone in revenue mgmt has set it at a threshold that hasn't been satisfied yet.  

1 hour ago, twangster said:

I've had bookings where I got the DP340 and shouldn't have.  It flew through the system and I never had a problem.  And of course, the revised blackout periods has the non-specific "Spring Break" which apparently is whenever they think it should be.  Last year in a pinnacle group on another platform someone said he was told a specific week in March - for this year.

55 minutes ago, TPA2005 said:

Trying to use dp340 with a Next Cruise open reservation for an October 2024 cruise and told it cannot be used with a NC reservation. Does that sound right?

I booked wonder onboard thru next cruise and had to wait a extra 24 hours for him to send to miami to get it repriced as DP340. And my obc. I think only rcl can do the repricing. My TA also has to have DP340 repriced. 

On 10/17/2023 at 2:30 AM, cublet said:

Hello,

The previous blackout period of July & August maintains in the UK and hasn't (until now!?) been changed to mid-June to mid-August.

Regards,

Cublet

My TA also didnt mention june as a black out period, so it's not just the UK. Different people have their own dates from what I see. 

21 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

Could you please kindly explain what is the DP340?

As the title says it's a solo discount. 50% off the 2nd pax, which works out to 25% discount overall of the cruisefare. It's a big discount off any cruisefare, except some holidays and some summer dates which can vary. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

As the title says it's a solo discount. 50% off the 2nd pax, which works out to 25% discount overall of the cruisefare. It's a big discount off any cruisefare, except some holidays and some summer dates which can vary. 

There is also a partial reduction in the C&A balcony discount.  For instance, wham I use the promo code my D+ balcony discount is reduced from $250 to $188.  Also, have seen the reduction to $177. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TPA2005 said:

Trying to use dp340 with a Next Cruise open reservation for an October 2024 cruise and told it cannot be used with a NC reservation. Does that sound right?

Yes it is 100% correct.  On an open reservation for solo it is only a $100 deposit and without an actual cruise selected there is no need to use the DP340 code.  It will be applied once you select an actual sailing as long as it is an eligible sailing.

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I booked wonder onboard thru next cruise and had to wait a extra 24 hours for him to send to miami to get it repriced as DP340. And my obc. I think only rcl can do the repricing. My TA also has to have DP340 repriced. 

Different procedures with a group booking.