🐾 🐾  Sea Dog gets Wet, a "Soggy Adventure LIVE" 10-21-23

Sea Dog

22 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

You are so right. My rehab will be life rehab in that I want to get stronger as well as exercise more so I can lose weight and get off blood pressure medication. For years I was busy at work that I didn’t have time. Now being retired I do mo have the time. So let’s do this!

You have a great attitude, @Sea Dog! I know you’ll do well. I got way out of shape when my kneees and hips were so bad. It hurt too much to move, so I didn’t move much. Now, years later I’m still trying to get back into shape. Having a cruise filled with fun activities definitely helps me to stay motivated. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, doghog said:

success was a combination of great surgeons, PT (in office and home) and her being dedicated to the PT plan. And she is not a physical girl but tufted it out. No longer in pain or lingering side effects of limited mobility

You are absolutely correct. Effective PT can make a huge difference. I had a friend that did not do their therapy very much and still has issues  today.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, perfect match said:

You have a great attitude, @Sea Dog! I know you’ll do well. I got way out of shape when my kneees and hips were so bad. It hurt too much to move, so I didn’t move much. Now, years later I’m still trying to get back into shape. Having a cruise filled with fun activities definitely helps me to stay motivated. 

Cruise motivation is important to me. I want to be active without having pain. I will get there.

• Like 6

Just now, Luckynana said:

Yes you will, Greg!

How are you feeling today?

In a lot of pain. Trying to stay ahead of my pain meds. It’s frustrating in that in the hospital they can give you Toradal which worked really well. I don’t get that at home. I am just dealing with what I’m felt with. Sorry for any misspelling. The Oxycodone has kicked in.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

When I was in the hospital some years ago, they gave me a little intravenous cocktail of Dilaudid...which I was absolutely delighted with(that's how I remember what its called LOL), I could feel it go in (cold) and in less than 5 seconds, the pain was a distant memory!   

• Like 1

So life at home is more difficult than in the hospital. It really helps when you have dedicated nurses. Linda is doing great but she has doctor’s appointments too so today I had to take care of myself for a couple of hours.

IMG_3729.thumb.jpeg.b27714e4cb73f1957028a46feea15e8a.jpeg

The pups are being such love monsters but I have to be very careful with them trying to walk on my leg. So we made this contraption out of box to protect my leg and they can walk on it.

IMG_3732.thumb.jpeg.0fb157855e967c89d3e121e64c5d69b1.jpeg

Lizzy however is obsessed with the tennis balls on my walker. She thinks they are meant for playing catch. She likes to bark at it. It’s pretty funny. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

Greg-Could you arrange for some home health care aide to help you when Linda needs to keep an appointment or run errands ?

I have discussed such a situation with my DH if and when he has anticipated knee surgery.

I am thinking I may need some help with his care for a few weeks post op.

Just a thought.

Wishing you and Linda a good evening.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Lizzy however is obsessed with the tennis balls on my walker. She thinks they are meant for playing catch. She likes to bark at it. It’s pretty funny. 

Greg, It sure sounded like she’s saying  “Daddy, throw the ball”, to me 😹

Edited by taznremmy
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Greg-Could you arrange for some home health care aide to help you when Linda needs to keep an appointment or run errands ?

I have discussed such a situation with my DH if and when he has anticipated knee surgery.

I am thinking I may need some help with his care for a few weeks post op.

Just a thought.

Wishing you and Linda a good evening.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

When my mom had a home health care nurse, the surgeon had to arrange/approve/recommend it as part of her shoulder surgery. I don't know if that is always the case. She came up for the first week, every other day to check her incision and replace the coverings. I don't know how aides work or how you get that arranged. 

• Like 1

@Coralc Social services can set up home care services before discharge.

Medicare will cover a certain amount of visits, as most health insurance plans.

If a person wishes,  they can arrange care on their own by contacting health care agencies.

When my mother reached late eighties and required some care, we were fortunate to employ two local women who were health care aides to help her and us care for her.

It was a private pay arrangement between us and them.

Mom passed at. ninety-three and those two women were our angels.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Greg, you and the pups look very comfortable on that couch! Lizzie and the tennis balls - adorable! It always amazes me how well our animals know when we’re not feeling well and jump right in there to try and comfort us. Of course, my cats 🐈‍⬛🐈‍⬛were a bit smaller than your dogs are so they weren’t taking up as much of the couch as your pups do! 😹😹

Hope you’re starting to feel a little bit better as each day goes by and are resting comfortably. 

Edited by perfect match
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, perfect match said:

Greg, you and the pups look very comfortable on that couch! Lizzie and the tennis balls - adorable! It always amazes me how well our animals know when we’re not feeling well and jump right in there to try and comfort us. Of course, my cats 🐈‍⬛🐈‍⬛were a bit smaller than your dogs are so they weren’t taking up as much of the couch as your pups do! 😹😹

Hope you’re starting to feel a little bit better as each day goes by and are resting comfortably. 

It’s amazing how our pets know when you are hurting. Both Lizzy and Charlie have been affectionate as they always are but now they are really love monsters. 

IMG_3743.thumb.jpeg.310c1ecbf8be7dd3fb744bce9f13b466.jpeg

IMG_3738.thumb.jpeg.5955b3c15631a2f65b3d41252fe98dfd.jpeg

IMG_3741.thumb.jpeg.c62e1939aede1017039e3b669499f651.jpeg

IMG_3706.thumb.jpeg.65fa08d50b994529413f38210376c884.jpeg

As you can see they are good nurses.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

It’s amazing how our pets know when you are hurting. Both Lizzy and Charlie have been affectionate as they always are but now they are really love monsters.

IMG_3741.thumb.jpeg.c62e1939aede1017039e3b669499f651.jpeg

Now we know what you would look like with long hair. 😁

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

This is the longest I ever had it in the late 1970’s.

Saturday I was heading home and passed a yard sale. So I stopped. I never do that. Anyway to my surprise sitting on a table was a Turkish Cymbal in really good shape. A Classic Light Ride 20". I asked how much, $40.00 bucks. Sold. Nice sound. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, doghog said:

Saturday I was heading home and passed a yard sale. So I stopped. I never do that. Anyway to my surprise sitting on a table was a Turkish Cymbal in really good shape. A Classic Light Ride 20". I asked how much, $40.00 bucks. Sold. Nice sound. 

Wow what a great price on a Zildjian “A” it is worth a lot more than that.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Wow what a great price on a Zildjian “A” it is worth a lot more than that.

I know. I had tp pinch myself. I know I could resell it but I have no desire to. I knew you would recognize and appreciate my find. Excellent condition too. My guess is whoever used it must have had a nice kit and probably used a 7A stick or even brushes. Unlike me. The guy I bought it from doesn't even know how his parents ended up with it as no one in his family plays drums.

• Like 1