Circle Hawaii weather?

POA1

Any tips on what the sea day weather will be like between San Diego and Hawaii around Christmas? (Obviously not for me, but for a friend who lives nearby and is acclimated to the heat of Florida.)

Thanks!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, POA1 said:

Any tips on what the sea day weather will be like between San Diego and Hawaii around Christmas? (Obviously not for me, but for a friend who lives nearby and is acclimated to the heat of Florida.)

Thanks!

First few days of sailing can be on the cool side and high seas are more prevalent in winter months. Temps. should start warming as one gets closer to Islands. 

One never knows what Mother Nature throws at us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Keep in mind you are crossing the largest ocean in the world in winter, dress accordingly. I suspect long pants will be the norm for the crossing. Also you can count on a certain sea state in the middle of the Pacific Ocean in winter, plan for that accordingly.

• Thanks 1

We did a similar cruise a few years ago in January.  We were very surprised at how cold it was during the crossing.  We too live in Florida and did not realize how cold the Pacific is.  Although the weather was nice, too cold for us to be on deck.  In Hawaii it was lovely.  We didn't need seasick meds, it was pretty calm.

• Thanks 1

This is kind of related, but also check windalert dot com to see how strong those winds are out there.  It's not a forecast, but it's now and that is going to tell you how rough it might be.  The winds out in the pacific can be rough and wind create waves.  I just used this on my recent trip down the coast from Vancouver to San Diego.  Sure enough, once we popped out into the open ocean from Vancouver, we had some pretty high waves.  I was up in the Crow's Nest and after a few hours I was feeling a little woozy 🙂 (technical term) so I just went down to my stateroom for a bit and was fine.  After reading these posts over the years regarding the Circle Hawaii cruise some people have reported it was like glass; nice and smooth and others reported there were times when it was rougher.  Just letting you know because some people, like my husband have no problem with it no matter how rough it is and others are very sensitive.    

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

This is discussed on the West Coast Departures and Hawaii boards quite frequently.

I know, but I feel better getting quality feedback from trusted sources. 😁

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1