Equinox dry dock

Cruiscs

• 4 weeks later...

I believe X announced last year that there would be no more "revolutionizing" of S or M class ships, only the regularly scheduled maintinance  These usually include soft goods upgrades and some furniture upgrades as well as mechanical. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 39august said:

I believe X announced last year that there would be no more "revolutionizing" of S or M class ships, only the regularly scheduled maintenance  These usually include soft goods upgrades and some furniture upgrades as well as mechanical. 

Some just can't accept that no more ships will be revolutionized, I have heard this from more than on senior officer while on a Celebrity cruise. That includes finishing the partial 2019 revolutionizing of the Equinox.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Here is a recent CC article with upcoming refurbishment information on Celebrity ships. If you read you will see that the Equinox is NOT listed through 2026. This article was updated in October this year. Any ships not on this list that have drydocks scheduled will be only for routine maintenance.

Upcoming Cruise Ship Refurbishments (cruisecritic.com)

Edited by terrydtx

28 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Here is a recent CC article with upcoming refurbishment information on Celebrity ships. If you read you will see that the Equinox is NOT listed through 2026. This article was updated in October this year. Any ships not on this list that have drydocks scheduled will be only for routine maintenance.

Upcoming Cruise Ship Refurbishments (cruisecritic.com)

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone heard anymore about what will be done during the 3 week dry dock for Equinox?  I know that the now "Ultimate Verandas" at the front of the ship will be renovated into "Horizon Suites"  but are any other staterooms/suites also being renovated?

57 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

Has anyone heard anymore about what will be done during the 3 week dry dock for Equinox?  I know that the now "Ultimate Verandas" at the front of the ship will be renovated into "Horizon Suites"  but are any other staterooms/suites also being renovated?

On May 16 I can tell you the answer 😁

IMG_6775.gif.147be0ba5d08a8e9fbfc884e9641cdfb.gif

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

Where did you get that info?

2 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Which info were you interested in ? 
The drydock is general knowledge, and the change in cabins is listed on Celebrity website 

It is not general knowledge

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/articles/upcoming-cruise-ship-refurbishments?stay=1&posfrom=1#celebrity-has-multiple-refurbishments-planned-for-older-ships 
Equinox is not mentioned here

Edited by Cruiscs

1 hour ago, Cruiscs said:

This thread was started back in October, did you even read all the post in the thread  🤔😁

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer

Do we have any ideas about what may be done in this dry dock? 

While 23 days is a decent amount of time, I doubt it's enough time to do anything significant.

We'll be on the Equinox for the June 4 Mediterranean sailing so hoping for a nice surprise!

1 minute ago, CruisematicVA said:

Do we have any ideas about what may be done in this dry dock? 

While 23 days is a decent amount of time, I doubt it's enough time to do anything significant.

We'll be on the Equinox for the June 4 Mediterranean sailing so hoping for a nice surprise!

See post #17 😁