Equinox dry dock

Cruiscs

38 minutes ago, CruisematicVA said:

When you go to room selections for the Equinox and look at the Retreat suites it shows this photo on the Sundeck with a bar.

Either this is false advertising or maybe this is one of the things they'll be doing while in dry dock next month?

FB_IMG_1709666816244.thumb.jpg.fd3413635f8bb18cfdef2bac585bc198.jpg

I'm pretty sure that's Equinox's current Retreat Sundeck.

Last time I was on EQ there was no bar on Retreat Sun deck. They have to go to another bar to get your drinks order.  Unless this was added while EQ has been sailing that is not an EQ picture. 

This is most likely a pic of another E-Class ship. When we sailed on the Equinox in Retreat there was no bar. As 39august mentioned the staff took orders and went to another bar for them.

1 hour ago, 39august said:

Last time I was on EQ there was no bar on Retreat Sun deck. They have to go to another bar to get your drinks order.  Unless this was added while EQ has been sailing that is not an EQ picture. 

Pretty sure it's a picture of the Silhouette, but they're showing it for the Equinox... That's why I was thinking maybe it was an early indication of work to be done during dry dock.

The alternative is it's just sloppy, false advertising. 

2 hours ago, RichYak said:

I'm pretty sure that's Equinox's current Retreat Sundeck.

The Equinox doesn't currently have a bar on the Sundeck.

I won't be on it to verify until June, but I've watched multiple YouTube videos of people doing walkthroughs and I'm pretty sure that's not up there.

52 minutes ago, CruisematicVA said:

The Equinox doesn't currently have a bar on the Sundeck.

Yes, for some reason, I was focused on the decor and furniture and not the bar. That is VERY out of character for me 😂

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, CruisematicVA said:

When you go to room selections for the Equinox and look at the Retreat suites it shows this photo on the Sundeck with a bar.

Either this is false advertising or maybe this is one of the things they'll be doing while in dry dock next month?

FB_IMG_1709666816244.thumb.jpg.fd3413635f8bb18cfdef2bac585bc198.jpg

Maybe you are confused with a different  Ship.. Equinox had a partial Revolution.   There was an accident at the ship yard and they were not able to add the Pool...   The retreat sundeck on 16 is complete but they were unable to put the pool and Bar on 15 -  They still have the BasketBall courts and loungers that are open to all

CelSol-55104-1669595469.webp.d990f8747e398d39c17f32fb6c026d5d.webp

CelSol-6798-1557329757.webp.05a039eac71034504127209f501f3d3a.webp

image.thumb.png.85dae7896e28ac9b73dc86f3876200b7.png

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Maybe you are confused with a different  Ship.. Equinox had a partial Revolution.   There was an accident at the ship yard and they were not able to add the Pool...   The retreat sundeck on 16 is complete but they were unable to put the pool and Bar on 15 -  They still have the BasketBall courts and loungers that are open to all

CelSol-55104-1669595469.webp.d990f8747e398d39c17f32fb6c026d5d.webp

CelSol-6798-1557329757.webp.05a039eac71034504127209f501f3d3a.webp

image.thumb.png.85dae7896e28ac9b73dc86f3876200b7.png

I think you're missing my point.

Celebrity is showing this picture of a Sundeck to people buying Retreat tickets on the Equinox.

The Equinox is going to dry dock in April and I'm simply wondering if maybe them advertising this bar on the Retreat Sundeck on the Equinox means they're going to be adding it in dry dock.

I know this bar isn't there currently, my point is that Celebrity is either making a mistake with false advertising or they're going to be adding it before I'm on the ship in June.

Edited by CruisematicVA

Does anyone know how long the drydock was for Silhouette when it got the full "revolution" update?  

I would think since Equinox was partially done...and a good bit of it WAS completed that 3 weeks would be enough time to complete the process.  Now whether or not X is willing or able to cough up the $$ to do this is another question.

I know they are selling the "Horizon Suite" at the front of the ship after the drydock, so have to assume that will be converted during this dry dock.

12 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

Does anyone know how long the drydock was for Silhouette when it got the full "revolution" update?  

I would think since Equinox was partially done...and a good bit of it WAS completed that 3 weeks would be enough time to complete the process.  Now whether or not X is willing or able to cough up the $$ to do this is another question.

I know they are selling the "Horizon Suite" at the front of the ship after the drydock, so have to assume that will be converted during this dry dock.

According to this CC article it took 42 days.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/celebrity-cruises-completes-major-refit-of-celebrity-silhouette

10 hours ago, CruisematicVA said:

If it only took 42 days, and they already completed half of this previously, then maybe they are going to finish it in 3 to 4 weeks.

Yes, I think that's possible too.  There are somethings that could be left out, like don't change the balcony furniture, the old stuff is far better than the new uncomfortable ones.  Keep the stacks of throw pillows in storage.  Do complete the Horizon Suites, those 4 would be a nice addition to the suites on Equinox.  Change carpet in all the rooms, update bedding(if not already done) paint everything that needs it inside and out.etc erc...  I can't wait to see pictures of Equinox after this drydock, hope they are able to finish the job they started a couple years ago!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gracie115 said:

Yes, I think that's possible too.  There are somethings that could be left out, like don't change the balcony furniture, the old stuff is far better than the new uncomfortable ones.  Keep the stacks of throw pillows in storage.  Do complete the Horizon Suites, those 4 would be a nice addition to the suites on Equinox.  Change carpet in all the rooms, update bedding(if not already done) paint everything that needs it inside and out.etc erc...  I can't wait to see pictures of Equinox after this drydock, hope they are able to finish the job they started a couple years ago!!!

The Horizon Suites they are definitely going to complete because I have the option to upgrade to them on our June 4 sailing.

Fingers crossed they're able to get this all done!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, CruisematicVA said:

The Horizon Suites they are definitely going to complete because I have the option to upgrade to them on our June 4 sailing.

Fingers crossed they're able to get this all done!

That's good because I'm booked in one later this year.

• 5 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, 100cruisesorbust said:

Anyone heard anything official about what the renovation will be starting the end of this month?

The only thing known for sure is the renovation of the 4 staterooms at the front of the ship on decks 7 & 8 into Horizon suites.... everything else is pretty much speculation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gracie115 said:

The only thing known for sure is the renovation of the 4 staterooms at the front of the ship on decks 7 & 8 into Horizon suites.... everything else is pretty much speculation.

Agree that it's speculation, but I'm still pretty confident they will be adding a bar to the Retreat Sundeck (that or they're using false advertising as they show one on the website when booking the June 4 sailing I will be on).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

Agree that it's speculation, but I'm still pretty confident they will be adding a bar to the Retreat Sundeck (that or they're using false advertising as they show one on the website when booking the June 4 sailing I will be on).

That would be great!!  I suspect there will also be carpetting replaced in most public areas and perhaps some new seating for the same.  I don't think staterooms outside of the Horizon Suites are going to be done...but hope I'm wrong.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...