Queen Anne

Minnie29

51 minutes ago, Solent Richard said:

A little taster for those about to join on Friday; and those a little later I guess.

Britanni Stateroom 6178...

Britannia6178.thumb.jpeg.eb857f5c29182243e54dc1c35426cb59.jpeg

The Pavillion

PavillionBar.jpeg.56891fc8708170b94a07abcbea269bcf.jpeg

The Chart Room....

ChartRoom.jpeg.3cf9774ab9bf33275aceb67bdcd517d9.jpeg

...and the Bright Lights Society....

BrightLightsSociety..jpeg.c17bb056604daa126ac6d1099a346b0a.jpeg

Oh, and not to be left out(as I'm no doubt expected)....

The Queens Grill....

QueensGrill1.jpeg.d6fce993af97a23a1c71cebf1bdc87a3.jpeg

QueensGrill2.thumb.jpeg.538b1a558a245685e1ee5021e1695dc0.jpeg

The only piece I’ve seen that I don’t like is, lo and behold, the Queens Grill. I feel I’m going to spend a fortnight staring at a wall. I’m sure it is a nice wall, but still…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

The only piece I’ve seen that I don’t like is, lo and behold, the Queens Grill. I feel I’m going to spend a fortnight staring at a wall. I’m sure it is a nice wall, but still…

I agree. A rather long corridor springs to mind with the naughty step running its length. 😲

Hopefully, it will be more inviting than it looks from photos published so far.

9 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Don't you get to swap seats from day to day? 🙂

I don't think I'd like that either though. It's ok in a restaurant where you don't have any outside views but they would have been better seating those facing fore and aft.

It also limits your observation of what's happening at most of the other tables.

3 minutes ago, D&N said:

Don't you get to swap seats from day to day? 🙂

I don't think I'd like that either though. It's ok in a restaurant where you don't have any outside views but they would have been better seating those facing fore and aft.

It also limits your observation of what's happening at most of the other tables.

His limited hearing is much improved by having a wall behind him. Isn’t that convenient? 😀

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Solent Richard said:

A little taster for those about to join on Friday; and those a little later I guess.

Britanni Stateroom 6178...

Britannia6178.thumb.jpeg.eb857f5c29182243e54dc1c35426cb59.jpeg

Thanks for posting these pictures. I noticed on vlogs in club rooms that they have a coffee machine. Is there one in a Britannia room?  

My wife normally sits on the bench seat. I need to twist my neck.

Perhaps swivel seats would be a good idea.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, D&N said:

My wife normally sits on the bench seat. I need to twist my neck.

Perhaps swivel seats would be a good idea.

I might see if I can ask to squeeze in side by side. There looks enough space.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TowandaUK said:

Thanks for posting these pictures. I noticed on vlogs in club rooms that they have a coffee machine. Is there one in a Britannia room?  

I think it is only Club - on all four ships.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

I might see if I can ask to squeeze in side by side. There looks enough space.

Sitting side-by-side looks like the answer to that awkward seating problem. The walkway between banquet chairs and window tables is also too narrow. The designers should have checked with us first!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NE John said:

Sitting side-by-side looks like the answer to that awkward seating problem. The walkway between banquet chairs and window tables is also too narrow. The designers should have checked with us first!

If they had made the banquettes more curved, they could have put the tables diagonally, which would have been vastly better.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NE John said:

The Queens Grill layout is atrocious, as was already evident from the deck plans, and is now confirmed by @Solent Richard’s photos (thank you!); and the chairs look dinky and uncomfortable. It all seems deliberately designed to discourage anyone from booking QG . . . .

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, rmsEtruria said:

The Queens Grill layout is atrocious, as was already evident from the deck plans, and is now confirmed by @Solent Richard’s photos (thank you!); and the chairs look dinky and uncomfortable. It all seems deliberately designed to discourage anyone from booking QG . . . .

What with that and the black wood in the cabins. I think almost everywhere else looks gorgeous, particularly the library.

1 hour ago, TowandaUK said:

There are no coffee machines in the Britannia Category, only in Grills & Britannia Club.

Coffee machine facilities are part of the 'enhanced amenities' in Grills/Club only.  

• Thanks 1

Well... I hate to tell you "I told you so" so I won't... but QG on the QA is QED.

I am not sure who one has to annoy to score one of the inner banquette tables but I won't wear my Greek flag lapel pin when convincing Osman I should not be so assigned. At least the banquette seats are big and upholstered... every single chair in the ship seems three quarter sized, thin padded munchin seating.  

But, no.. deck plans don't lie.  If it looks narrow and an afterthought, it's because it is.   I look forward to pix of the Grill Lounge. Or not.

Oh well, in four days we will be off on our QUEEN VICTORIA and settling into our favourite overstuffed armchairs in the Commodore Club and hoping the crumbs are not ours from our last cruise in her. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WantedOnVoyage said:

Well... I hate to tell you "I told you so" so I won't... but QG on the QA is QED.

I am not sure who one has to annoy to score one of the inner banquette tables but I won't wear my Greek flag lapel pin when convincing Osman I should not be so assigned. At least the banquette seats are big and upholstered... every single chair in the ship seems three quarter sized, thin padded munchin seating.  

But, no.. deck plans don't lie.  If it looks narrow and an afterthought, it's because it is.   I look forward to pix of the Grill Lounge. Or not.

Oh well, in four days we will be off on our QUEEN VICTORIA and settling into our favourite overstuffed armchairs in the Commodore Club and hoping the crumbs are not ours from our last cruise in her. 

Well, feel free to tell me “I told you so”—it won’t rattle me, since I never was in the “rah-rah, let’s hear it for the new ship” crowd. (But I also never expressed any expectations, good or bad, about her.) The Britannia Club cabins look decent enough (apart from the coat hangers); but nothing else I’ve seen so far looks particularly attractive, inside or out. (Those Pinnacle types, I suppose, are what they are—ungainly and top-heavy in front.) 

On the upside, as several on this board (exlondoner and Victoria2 come to mind) have remarked, Cunard is investing in a new ship, with the clear aim of attracting a new, younger, and more contemporary clientele that comes with different expectations; and Queen Anne may serve that aim, perhaps quite successfully. Indeed, we should hope she does: without expanded revenue, Cunard will certainly not replace the QM2 when she must retire.

7 hours ago, rmsEtruria said:

Another question about QG dining with regard to that narrow walkway - where are the tableside servers going to work their theater? Flambé and carving? The diner facing towards the banquet would strain to see the show and may even get some hair burnt off at the same time. 
Plus M Roux is adding his touch to QG menus. Will those touches be an extra charge like in the Golden Lion?

• Haha 1

True... who wants to get cherry sauce or jus spattered on their polo shirt?  Not me....

As my mother said when they dropped me off at summer camp for two weeks, aged 7... "I just know you'll love it after the first few days."

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, NE John said:

Another question about QG dining with regard to that narrow walkway - where are the tableside servers going to work their theater? Flambé and carving? The diner facing towards the banquet would strain to see the show and may even get some hair burnt off at the same time. 
Plus M Roux is adding his touch to QG menus. Will those touches be an extra charge like in the Golden Lion?

Quite possibly. 

2 hours ago, rmsEtruria said:

Quite possibly. 

and more likely, possibly not. 🙂

Apart from crêpes we're not bothered about flambé dishes but woe betide the day table side finished Dover Sole becomes chargeable!

Then Regent WILL be looking more attractive! 😁

ps

As one of Cunard's most loyal regulars, I hope not to show any bias and will be objective with bouquets and brickbats when giving of my opinions and so I'll try and  hold off on any more detrimental comments re QG restaurant until I've experienced it for myself which will be soon.

• Like 1

I do think nearly everything looks lovely. And the fact that the QG Lounge has windows rather than walls is most encouraging. Natural light will make all the difference.

1 minute ago, exlondoner said:

I do think nearly everything looks lovely. And the fact that the QG Lounge has windows rather than walls is most encouraging. Natural light will make all the difference.

The QG lounge is between PG and QG restaurants so it has no direct windows but has a domed roof window (which is on the centreline of the ship). 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

The QG lounge is between PG and QG restaurants so it has no direct windows but has a domed roof window (which is on the centreline of the ship). 

No, look at picture carefully, and it has glass walls into the restaurants.