"Live from" the Majestic Princess November 7-27 with pre- and post- cruise adventures

jwattle

7 hours ago, c-boy said:

Celebration , Sadness 😔 calls for 20231119_184530.thumb.jpg.398d7e64721689c2611295646cdd77a5.jpg

Bubbly takes the sting  out of disembarking .

WOW.  Did you bring that, or does the ship still have the 2006 vintage.  I pre-ordered Dom for our balcony sailaway 8 or 9 years ago and they delivered 2006.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, XBGuy said:

WOW.  Did you bring that, or does the ship still have the 2006 vintage.  I pre-ordered Dom for our balcony sailaway 8 or 9 years ago and they delivered 2006.

Rule #7. Never pack expensive champagne in a suit case 😉.  They don't sell much of what I was ordering. As a result , Jo and I were informed the Caymus winery dinner was canceled 😞.  So we ordered a bottle .

Edited by c-boy
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, charliedalrymple said:

Are you in Sydney now?  Feel free to pop over to Canberra--we have a spare room!  😉. And don't let other Aussies tell you Canberra is boring.  It's a lovely city, but I will admit that it's an acquired taste.

Jo and I spent time with a nice couple from Canberra.  The description given was from proud residents.  I have been before,  but the trip was a quick one. Both Jo and I plan on returning for a lengthy visit ... 

Edited by c-boy
  • Like 3

Oh, the next leg is off with a BANG! We headed off to dinner,  and the cab went the "scenic route", triple what we know the cost to be to the Rocks. Not happy and he knew it. 

Dinner was... interesting. Atmosphere: 4/10...food: 7/10...cab back: 10/10

The birds flying around are cute; the rat running across twice and the staff smiling about it,  not at all. 

Edited by jwattle
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, charliedalrymple said:

Are you in Sydney now?  Feel free to pop over to Canberra--we have a spare room!  😉. And don't let other Aussies tell you Canberra is boring.  It's a lovely city, but I will admit that it's an acquired taste.

We are in Sydney, flying to Ilot Maitre in the morning 🌄 

8 hours ago, jwattle said:

Oh, the next leg is off with a BANG! We headed off to dinner,  and the cab went the "scenic route", triple what we know the cost to be to the Rocks. Not happy and he knew it. 

Dinner was... interesting. Atmosphere: 4/10...food: 7/10...cab back: 10/10

The birds flying around are cute; the rat running across twice and the staff smiling about it,  not at all. 

You stayed AFTER you saw a rat (twice)...you must have been really hungry.

• Haha 2

If you like chaos,  might I suggest Sydney Airport? Might I also suggest being a polite and charming human at customs/immigration and security...it does wonders to get you moved to empty lines even though you're back of the pack. 😀 

Waiting for our flight to Noumea now,  then a short car ride,  a boat ride,  and...ahhhhh!

Edited by jwattle
  • Like 7

Just now, azbirdmom said:

Can't wait.  Our flight to Sydney leaves tomorrow!  Enjoy your return to New Caledonia.

It can be chaotic,  since this airport (🛫 zoom  zoom) opens @ 0630 and closes @  2230. But hey ! You can get some great deals while waiting..

20231128_112513.thumb.jpg.230ca4331835ca85b711cad768d1e360.jpg

20231128_112524.thumb.jpg.58af5da95a42f44012b38e4e561dda63.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, c-boy said:

Remember. "The ooonly way to fly"

20231128_113837.thumb.jpg.8fe5cbe1e8067afdb82b0d7fe8d25574.jpg

I just did the SYD to SFO this past Nov. 4th...13.5 hours...but I loved the flight...food and service was just great...and nice selections for entertainment....

• Like 1

Just now, dlh015 said:

I just did the SYD to SFO this past Nov. 4th...13.5 hours...but I loved the flight...food and service was just great...and nice selections for entertainment....

Was it 13 or 11?  Jo and I are debating one another. I fell asleep and woke up in a new time zone and haven't been the same since.  

Edited by c-boy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, c-boy said:

Was it 13 or 11?  Jo and I are debating one another. I fell asleep and woke up in a new time zone and haven't been the same since.  

Our United flight tomorrow from SFO to SYD is scheduled at 15 hours 25 minutes.  Return from SYD to LAX is 13 hours and 25 minutes.  Thank heavens for Polaris!  😉

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, c-boy said:

I took off at 10:15 pm Nov 4th Sydney time  (3:15 am Nov 4rd SFO time)...landed around 4:45 pm Nov. 4th SFO time. So it was about 13 and 1/2 hours or so...truly was mind-bending.  And then, to add even more craziness...we turned the clocks back an hour that night...LOL!!

I was a mess for a few days...

Edited by dlh015
Wrong date!! Ooops...
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jwattle said:

If you like chaos,  might I suggest Sydney Airport?

I despise Sydney airport, and my fellow Canberrans (if there are any here) can tell you about the indignities we suffer.  We have to fly from Canberra at a crazy early hour on a rickety prop plane to catch onward flights to U.S.  We are dumped into the domestic terminal in Sydney, which is approximately 800 miles from the international terminal, and the only way to transit is via a bus that leaves every four hours.  (I may be exaggerating slightly).  I prefer to route myself through Melbourne or Brisbane if possible.

The Canberra airport, on the other hand, is delightful. We can leave home and be through security 30 minutes later.  (That's not an exaggeration.)  We now have direct flights from Canberra Fiji and on to the United States.  That's definitely the way to go.

Edited by charliedalrymple
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

Well, I'm pleased to hear you liked Qantas.  We hate it, but I suppose Qantas is marginally better than any U.S. carrier.  (No offense.). However, I'll take Singapore Airlines or Emirates any day.

• Like 1