Cabin availability B2B2B?

bbfgator

Hi - I'm trying to pick a cabin on Celebrity Edge for sailing 10/22/24, 11/2 & 11/6/24.

Is there a site that shows the available cabins.  I do use a TA but they say they are having a hard time finding a E1 or E2 that would be avail on all 3 sailings.

Anyone have any thoughts?  Thank you!

Thanks Jelayne - Yes they do, but we found it a little cumbersome the last time as you still have to pack up the bathroom and anything in the drawers.  Thought with a year out from cruise we might would get lucky.

4 minutes ago, bbfgator said:

Thanks all - I am working on it....hard to believe the limited availability for a year from now but popular destination :).  Thanks again.

Not un-common in the past many would book multiple cruises and then cancel prior to final payment.   Now with the Non_Refundable Deposit I thought that would have been minimized.

• Like 2

Open an incognito window in chrome and google "best site for available cruise cabins," and it will be about halfway down the page.  If you open three separate (ie, "new incognito page") pages, you can arrange pages side-by-side on your screen to compare open cabins on all three cruises.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bbfgator said:

Hi - I'm trying to pick a cabin on Celebrity Edge for sailing 10/22/24, 11/2 & 11/6/24.

Is there a site that shows the available cabins.  I do use a TA but they say they are having a hard time finding a E1 or E2 that would be avail on all 3 sailings.

might be good to work with a good trvl agent!  and maybe get a discount or perks 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, bbfgator said:

I do use a TA but they say they are having a hard time finding a E1 or E2 that would be avail on all 3 sailings.

Perhaps you need a new TA? If they don't want to work for their commission, they don't deserve your business.

I would call celebrity and tell the agent you are interested in booking.  Share the information with your TA or book directly with celebrity.  Some TA's are lazy and aren't very helpful.  We used one and we were very dissatisfied with her.  We did a b/2/b in a sky suite and got zero.  Shop around.

• Like 1

Not being able to find a cabin that's available on all 3 B2B sailings does not mean their TA is lazy or not going their job.  The TA has access to see cabins.  It likely means they're is not a cabin available.  The OP simply said the TA mentioned they were having a hard time finding availability, not that they weren't looking or didn't want to bother looking.  I think the OP is wanting to look on their own.  FWIW, the TA can put an alert on the desired rooms to become available.  It simply means that for example if cabin 1052 becomes available on sailing X, they will get an email (assuming Celebrity's system works).  They then would need to manually move the cabin.

• Like 2

On 11/3/2023 at 12:39 PM, Shiba_Lover said:

Not being able to find a cabin that's available on all 3 B2B sailings does not mean their TA is lazy or not going their job.  The TA has access to see cabins.  It likely means they're is not a cabin available.  The OP simply said the TA mentioned they were having a hard time finding availability, not that they weren't looking or didn't want to bother looking.  I think the OP is wanting to look on their own.  FWIW, the TA can put an alert on the desired rooms to become available.  It simply means that for example if cabin 1052 becomes available on sailing X, they will get an email (assuming Celebrity's system works).  They then would need to manually move the cabin.

I agree.  However, we had a bad experience with a TA and had to do most of the leg work ourselves.  Some also have groups they can add you too and have higher priority with the cruise line.  Of course bottom line, if all cabins are booked you might have to move for a back 3 back.  You usually get real assistance especially in suites from the ships staff.

• Like 1

Thanks all - with the help from the suggestions on this thread - I was able to find the cabins I needed/wanted.  Now I'm first to admit my TA SHOULD have done this.  I found out this weekend he had left on vacation.  Seems like he could have told me that as I've been using him for years but alas.  I will give him one more chance (he returns today) and if not satisfied, will be looking elsewhere.  

• Like 2

On 11/6/2023 at 7:35 AM, bbfgator said:

Thanks all - with the help from the suggestions on this thread - I was able to find the cabins I needed/wanted.  Now I'm first to admit my TA SHOULD have done this.  I found out this weekend he had left on vacation.  Seems like he could have told me that as I've been using him for years but alas.  I will give him one more chance (he returns today) and if not satisfied, will be looking elsewhere.  

I am a big believer in doing my own research and then forwarding the results to my TA (or the airlines, since I employ the same strategy.)  (Guess that's why DH bought me a plague that says "I am not a control freak, but let me show you the correct way to do it" 🤣 ). Realistically, more than 50% of the time I find flights or staterooms  the airline operator or TA did not. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SusieAV8R said:

I am a big believer in doing my own research and then forwarding the results to my TA (or the airlines, since I employ the same strategy.)  (Guess that's why DH bought me a plague that says "I am not a control freak, but let me show you the correct way to do it" 🤣 ). Realistically, more than 50% of the time I find flights or staterooms  the airline operator or TA did not. 

Do you use your TA for the perks?  Why bother if you do your own research and get no perks?

14 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Do you use your TA for the perks?  Why bother if you do your own research and get no perks?

The perks from TA are in addition to what my research nets.  The best of both worlds.  (Learned a valuable lesson in 2009 when I secured an Alaskan cruise in a Celebrity suite for a 60% price reduction:  my research + TA perks.  (I won't accomplish that again because the game has changed, but the lessons are the same 😀)

9 hours ago, SusieAV8R said:

The perks from TA are in addition to what my research nets.  The best of both worlds.  (Learned a valuable lesson in 2009 when I secured an Alaskan cruise in a Celebrity suite for a 60% price reduction:  my research + TA perks.  (I won't accomplish that again because the game has changed, but the lessons are the same 😀)

I used a terrible TA.  I passed the reservation to her for a b/2/b in a suite and got nothing in return.  So some TA's give nothing=not even a free specialty restaurant dinner.  You picked a good TA

I am searching for a "new TA"....I've used the same company/agent for years and now after calling several times and emailing several times, I am getting no response.  Odd.  I really liked them. Always got OBC and specialty dining.   I've given 2 weeks for any kind of response and crickets.  I hate starting new but I need to book 3 cruises.  After using same agent for years it's just sad to me.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2023 at 8:22 AM, bbfgator said:

Simple do a mock bookings to see the same cabin on the three cruises, I do it for Prime Edge Stateroom right know the same cabin on the 3 cruises are 7247 and 9117 (only this 2), you can check other categories. If you book early you have more opportunities

Edited by gerelmx
  • Thanks 1

On 11/9/2023 at 6:23 AM, Cruise a holic said:

I used a terrible TA.  I passed the reservation to her for a b/2/b in a suite and got nothing in return.  So some TA's give nothing=not even a free specialty restaurant dinner.  You picked a good TA

Sorry to hear about your experience.