Saint Greg's Regal Princess - Live - November 12, 2023

Saint Greg

53 minutes ago, beshears said:

This is a question for "whoever" might be able to answer it. Normally there are TWO formal nights. Is one of the formal nights considered the champagne tower/the Captain greeting everyone on board to his ship, and then one a regular formal night? Maybe the champagne tower/Captain greeting everyone is not quite as formal, but it can be?

That was our formal night. We don’t have another. Day 6 is “dress to impress.”

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I got to Alfredo’s 10 mins early. Waited for about 5. Finally someone who knows what’s going on takes me to the actual spot which is like a separate area by Alfredo’s. 

Apparently I missed the memo that you need to be there 20 mins early. Everyone was there and left no room for me. They try to squeeze me into this corner. I’m like man. I hope this isn’t the table.

This is my spot.

IMG_7155.jpeg

Unpleasant is the word I’m using, not the word I’m thinking

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I got to Alfredo’s 10 mins early. Waited for about 5. Finally someone who knows what’s going on takes me to the actual spot which is like a separate area by Alfredo’s. 

Apparently I missed the memo that you need to be there 20 mins early. Everyone was there and left no room for me. They try to squeeze me into this corner. I’m like man. I hope this isn’t the table.

This is my spot.

IMG_7155.jpeg

That would definitely be a "holy crap"! 

Hugs!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

That Chef's Table looked awesome. I did it on Carnival Horizon and Allure of the Seas recently. I thought Carnival's food/presentation was really good, better than Allure's. Yours definitely looked on par or better (depending on actual taste!) than Carnival's.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Great review @Saint Greg! Do they still give you the cookbook after the chef’s table? Have you checked out the adult only Retreat bar and pool area? That is one area I loved on the Royal. Enjoy the rest of your cruise! 

No cookbook. We got a folder with the menus and our picture with the chef and dro

IMG_7254.jpeg

• Like 8

Appreciate the photos of Chef's Table.  We did Chef's Table on our first Princess Cruise, and said then it was too much food, but we were about to talk ourselves into doing it again on our upcoming cruise on the Regal.  Thank you for reminder that it truly is just too much food (for us).  Plus the wine (except for the champagne) looks pretty "meh".  I think our money is better spent elsewhere. 

• Like 1