Price Adjustments???

uneamie

I just called out TA because I noticed that the cruise we booked went down in price ($394). So I asked about a price adjustment. She was willing to call NCL to do that but told me I'd lose some of my promotion money. I have a $100 onboard credit and a 4th of July promotion of $400 on board credit. She said I'd end up losing not gaining if I wanted the price adjustment. Another words you don't take your original promotions with you unless they are offering them today, the day of the adjustment. I could call NCL to confirm that but frankly I just spent 30 minutes on hold and don't want to do that again. So I'm asking here if our TA is correct. You can lose your promotions with price adjustments? 

Your TA is correct in that if you reprice you get the current promos and lose any that you had. Basically, you get a new reservation but keep your existing state room,  payments, booked excursions, etc.

However,  I suspect that the OBC is something offered through your TA, not NCL. AFAIK, NCL hasn't offered OBC as a promo for quite some time. And so those terms would be up to your TA. Also note that NCL can't touch your reservation since you booked with a TA.

• Like 1

You do lose your promotions with a price adjustment. I just did it a few weeks ago...lost my double Latitudes points but that didn't really matter to me. As far as the OBC from your TA, your price adjustment is causing them to lose commission so I can see why they would lower or remove the promo they gave you. They are getting less so you are getting less. 

4 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

You do lose your promotions with a price adjustment. I just did it a few weeks ago...lost my double Latitudes points but that didn't really matter to me. As far as the OBC from your TA, your price adjustment is causing them to lose commission so I can see why they would lower or remove the promo they gave you. They are getting less so you are getting less. 

Depends on the TA.

The one I am using right now, a very large one, is always offering assorted OBC's, free DSC's, gift cards. They won't adjust those because your fare dropped - they will substitute whatever their current promotions are for what you originally had.

I booked a cruise last July. Got some deals from the TA and OBC from NCL.

A few weeks later, TA offered the same credits (combined about $500) plus the DSC (worth $600 on mine). So, I rebooked, but NCL had dropped their OBC ($200). So I saved a net $400.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, uneamie said:

I just called out TA because I noticed that the cruise we booked went down in price ($394). So I asked about a price adjustment. She was willing to call NCL to do that but told me I'd lose some of my promotion money. I have a $100 onboard credit and a 4th of July promotion of $400 on board credit. She said I'd end up losing not gaining if I wanted the price adjustment. Another words you don't take your original promotions with you unless they are offering them today, the day of the adjustment. I could call NCL to confirm that but frankly I just spent 30 minutes on hold and don't want to do that again. So I'm asking here if our TA is correct. You can lose your promotions with price adjustments? 

It’s a cancel and rebook, with you getting whatever NCL and your TA is is offering at the time of rebooking. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

Actually the $400 OBC I got was a NCL 4th of July promotion so it wasn't my TA it was NCL who would not allow me to take that promo with me if I got a price adjustment. It's no biggy at this point. But thanks for your response! :classic_biggrin:

53 minutes ago, uneamie said:

Actually the $400 OBC I got was a NCL 4th of July promotion so it wasn't my TA it was NCL who would not allow me to take that promo with me if I got a price adjustment. 

Boy, I missed that one - unless it was something that was sent to select people, not an across the board promo.

How is it that everyone on CC failed to mention this promo?? 😊

Edited by julig22
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, uneamie said:

If you cancel and rebook, that is correct. If you have not yet made final payment they are much more willi g to work with you. But, overall, yes.....if you want the cruise repriced you may give OR gain various offers. 

• Like 1

Of course you lose the original perks. Think of it this way: canceling a booking means you're canceling everything related to that promotion and rebooking at today's deal. Therefor only one set of promotions apply!

Cruise lines are changing their promotions all the time and, within a few (hundred) dollars, the bottom line is close to the same. Example: 70% off second passenger is similar to 35% off both. and $100 OBC is almost the same as $100 off the cruise price, This means that if they drop the price by $100, they're NOT going to give you the OBC as well!

You mention that you got a July 4th promotion. Why would you think that if you rebooked, you'd keep it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Guindalf said:

Of course you lose the original perks. Think of it this way: canceling a booking means you're canceling everything related to that promotion and rebooking at today's deal. Therefor only one set of promotions apply!

Cruise lines are changing their promotions all the time and, within a few (hundred) dollars, the bottom line is close to the same. Example: 70% off second passenger is similar to 35% off both. and $100 OBC is almost the same as $100 off the cruise price, This means that if they drop the price by $100, they're NOT going to give you the OBC as well!

You mention that you got a July 4th promotion. Why would you think that if you rebooked, you'd keep it?

Because I thought it would be a "price adjustment" not a rebooking. I would have never wanted to "rebook". Most people have bonuses attached to their booking so why would anyone want to do this? I guess if the bonus is less than the price adjustment but not in our case. 

Edited by uneamie

23 hours ago, julig22 said:

Boy, I missed that one - unless it was something that was sent to select people, not an across the board promo.

How is it that everyone on CC failed to mention this promo?? 😊

It was a 4th of july special that did not last long. We have a Penthouse Suite so our bonuse was more but my son has a balcony and he got $200 I think. 

3 hours ago, uneamie said:

It was a 4th of july special that did not last long. We have a Penthouse Suite so our bonuse was more but my son has a balcony and he got $200 I think. 

My point was that an unusual offer from NCL, such as OBC, is something that would normally have been mentioned on social media, CC or otherwise. But OBC from TAs is quite common.

We had a drop after our final payment and were given an FCC and that has something like a 1 yr expiration date.  Even tried to use the extra monies for an up grade, nope....  Now that is US, might have read where it's handled differently in different parts of the world?????

• Like 1

Think of the price of a cruise as a package. You are paying $X to get FAS and $400 OBC. Next month the cruise may be 400 lower but not include the OBC. So yes, if you want to re-price to the new lower price, you also get the new lower promotions. 

• Like 1