2 different credit cards for charges

leerathje

My DH and I are taking an Alaska cruise together.  He cannot travel alone, and I've never been to Alaska, so we will go together.  We will share a room with the beds split, but does anyone know if we can have 2 credit cards on file?  So that would be 1 credit card for charges for him, and 1 credit card for charges for me.

Leanne

DH is dear Husband.  I was kind of wondering about what you wanted to do when traveling with your husband.  🤔

Yes, you can each have a card linked to your own accounts.  I have done that when traveling with a friend.  My travel agent booked it that way, so we each paid for our own charges on board.

~Nancy

• Haha 1

When you fill out the online check-in documents, there are fields to fill out the credit card information for each passenger.  Once onboard, you can check on the TV or Navigator that charges are being applied correctly.  A visit to Guest Services will be required if you find they are not.  Enjoy Alaska!

• Like 1

LOL I was chuckling at you explaining that you and your husband would split the beds, not that many don’t do it, but it’s none of my business LOL. Anyway to answer your question of course you and your friend will enter your own credit card info and your respective room key cards will be loaded accordingly. It’s normal procedure. You will LOVE Alaska!!

Edited by Moriah
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, leerathje said:

My DH and I are taking an Alaska cruise together.  He cannot travel alone, and I've never been to Alaska, so we will go together.  We will share a room with the beds split, but does anyone know if we can have 2 credit cards on file?  So that would be 1 credit card for charges for him, and 1 credit card for charges for me.

Leanne

Enjoy Alaska!!

You can absolutely each have your own card on file. You and/or he can also change that card once onboard from what you entered online during check-in w/a trip to GS. 

I will make no comments about the bed arrangements other than to say I'm so happy you feel comfortable enough w/us to share those details, lol. 🤭I already read the post where you meant DF, not DH😉

• Haha 1

😁.  Let me warn you of one thing. If his credit card is on to his account you may not be able to manage his accounts if you were to go to guest services without him depending on how much a stickler for rules the person behind the counter is.  

• Like 1