Royal Gratuity Misinformation

cusematt4

1 hour ago, cusematt4 said:

I am not a troll.  I love cruising, as does my family.  We give well above and beyond cash tips in gratuities and gave significantly  more than the $2/pp increase to the staff who helped us and went above and beyond.  We always tip extra at speciality restaurants and to housekeeping as well.

All I was trying to do is see if or why the crew can’t get basic access to free wifi like all crew do on NCL, Virgin and other lines.

I am not trying to make other peoples salary my business.  I appreciate how much the crew sacrifice and go above and beyond while away from their families to make our vacations so special.  I didn’t think it would be so conteaversial to bring up the idea of them getting a few hours of wifi a week without having to pay 3.99 an hour.

I apologize for bringing up this thought and idea.  I am sorry for suggesting this and trying to help them out without an impact to guests. I hope everyone has a happy new year.

Perhaps not a troll, but when you use click-baity titles such as “dire crew conditions” (and then double down on it) but you mean they only don’t have wifi as much as you think they should have . . . . People are going to wonder.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

All I was trying to do is see if or why the crew can’t get basic access to free wifi like all crew do on NCL, Virgin and other lines.

And as we said on the other thread, if you feel that strongly about it, cruise on the lines that give free WiFi to the crew. Virgin might be out since you've got kids, but cruise NCL to support the free internet for crew.

• Like 5

For your own good, just let it go. RCCL ship crew are all adults and can make their own decisions when it comes to accepting an employment contract. They don't need your help nor did they ask for your unwanted sympathy. 

• Like 1

We have moved on from internet. The present discussion is you prepaying the gratuities in order to avoid the increase that was announced as well as you encouaging everyone to do the same. You can reread your initial post in case you have forgotten. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

We have moved on from internet. The present discussion is you prepaying the gratuities in order to avoid the increase that was announced as well as you encouaging everyone to do the same. You can reread your initial post in case you have forgotten. 

imagine, proactively lowering the gratuities paid and cutting into the wifi budget.

Such mixed messaging

LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

imagine, proactively lowering the gratuities paid and cutting into the wifi budget.

Such mixed messaging

LOL

More perplexing to me is going out of the way to save a few dollars in gratuities and then talking about how (s)he throws tip money all around the ship.

The only way everything adds up is if you do RCI math.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

...................................image.png.322e7577c367e0fff2bc1c7f0be7d89a.png  ........................................                                  

........................................................                                      

• Haha 2

On 11/13/2023 at 4:14 PM, cusematt4 said:

Hi All,

I called Royal Caribbean last week to add pre-paid gratuities to our reservation before prices go up.  I was told that my travel agent needs to be the one to add it.  I advised them that my agent was out until today. Both the representative and her manager assured me that as long as the sailing is booked prior to 11/11, the original rates will be honored for prepaid gratuities on or after this day.  The new rate would go into effect for sailings on or after 11/11.

I was assured not to worry and to go back Monday for my travel agent to add without there being an issue for the original rates, since my sailing was booked prior to the mentioned date.

My travel agent just tried adding them and it is at the higher rate.  Two different Royal Caribbean agents assured us not to worry and that the old rates would be honored beyond 11/10 for sailings booked.  What should I do since we tried to have these added and relied on the RCL-provided info?  Has anyone else had this issue?  Does anyone know if RCL monitors calls.  This isn't about the $2 pp/day, but rather principal of the complete incorrect and relied on info.

Thanks so much.

I thought you were boycotting Royal? What should you do, you ask? Be truthful.