Moving Port From Fort Lauderdale to Miami

goghd

HAL seems to be doing it's best to keep ships in Everglades as much as possible.  Last year on the Eurodam my scheduled embarkation was moved up a day so we could fit into Everglades.  I think so far all the cruises that were moved were other than FLL round trips, including an Oosterdam turnaroud that arrived from Europe and then went far south for the Antarctica season.

Roy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

HAL seems to be doing it's best to keep ships in Everglades as much as possible.  Last year on the Eurodam my scheduled embarkation was moved up a day so we could fit into Everglades.  I think so far all the cruises that were moved were other than FLL round trips, including an Oosterdam turnaroud that arrived from Europe and then went far south for the Antarctica season.

Roy

Actually, our Amazon cruise for February, 2024, was originally scheduled to be round trip FLL and they moved our embarkation to Miami and kept FLL as our deparkation port.  Talk about a huge inconvenience!  We kept our parking at FLL and will use a HAL transfer to get to Miami.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, fkfad said:

Actually, our Amazon cruise for February, 2024, was originally scheduled to be round trip FLL and they moved our embarkation to Miami and kept FLL as our deparkation port.  Talk about a huge inconvenience!  We kept our parking at FLL and will use a HAL transfer to get to Miami.

You're the second tier of risk and sorry it hit you.  I don't think that can happen for shorter cruises because I think Miami to FLL or FLL to Miami without a DISTANT foreign port, like South America.

Roy

Last year in October 2022, our Transatlantic ended in Miami because the Oosterdam was only doing one port of call in the US before heading for South America. The reason given was that FLL had too many ships in port that day and we were the logical HAL ship to move. We did know about the change in advance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fkfad said:

Where do you meet your transfer?  Unless it's actually in the port I would be a bit concerned about getting through security into the port without a same day FLL ship.

Roy

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Where do you meet your transfer?  Unless it's actually in the port I would be a bit concerned about getting through security into the port without a same day FLL ship.

Roy

We are meeting our transfer at the FLL airport.  It was the easiest scenario -- drop the bags off at the airport with my husband, I drive to the parking lot, call an Uber, and meet my husband at the airport where the HAL transfer rep will be waiting (hopefully).

22 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

We have not been asked for our cruise tickets at either Port Everglades or Port of Miami, when entering the ports.  The gate security folks will usually ask for some type of ID (such as a Passport).  

Hank