MSC price jump

PatandStu

When my ta presented a 4 night cruise on Seashore 2 days ago, it was $1018 for a guaranteed Oceanview. 
Today, when I gave her the go ahead, the price had jumped to $1258. That’s more than 20% in 2 days! 
Is this so MSC can offer “deals” for Black Friday? 
Unfortunately, I was already at the top end of my budget and now it’s more than I can handle. 
Drats! It was to be a Christmas present for my daughter and I. 

From my experience a hold on MSC does nothing. Every time I put a hold on a cruise and then went back to it, the booking process just started all over from the beginning. One time the price went up on the cruise after I put a hold on it and so did my rate; but, I don't use a TA so maybe that's different. I have found that if you book and the price goes down, MSC will honor it unless it's after final payment.

20 hours ago, PatandStu said:

She’s put a hold on the cabin, I think for a few days, which won’t get me to Black Friday or cyber Monday. 
Will MSC honour a price drop? 
Experienced cruiser here, but first time on MSC. 

One needs to be very careful here about any one assuring you that a price drop will be honored.

You need to be aware on any restrictions on the experience level (Bella, Fastasica, etc,) that you booked and the promotion or sale that you booked under or that you are trying to match.

Read the "Terms and Conditions" and "Conditions of Carriage" on the MSC website for your country.  Policies and procedures for many areas are explained, including reservation changes that are considered cancellations by MSC with a penalty or fee attached. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Keys Kathy said:

They advertise it as a "sale". 

a period during which a retailer sells goods at reduced prices.
"a clearance sale"

....but there is never a set price.  Each sailing fluctuates from the time it was released and generally trends upwards. Since there is no set price any price can be a "sale" because for all we know they may internally value the cruise at $1800.

Edited by ray98