Ascent Maiden Voyage now not the maiden voyage. Does Celebrity give refunds on this?

CruiseMrB

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

Sorry to hear that. Since we're talking about 5he Edge's maiden voyages, do you remember that Cafe counter in the corner of the Grand Plaza to right of the Martini bar? Do you happen to get any rood from there? Apparently it was such a failure that by our cruise, the 2nd 7 day itinerary ever, it was closed from day 1 and never used. A real design failure. 

yup..did not last long! Poor location and idea...

but there are great take out Deli options at the nearby Bistro Cafe

(upcharge) and free ( mostly) at EDEN cafe.

Edited by hcat

An "inaugural" cruise is the first time a ship sails with paying passengers. If I am not mistaken, that would be November 22, 2023. What is a ship's second paying passenger cruise called? I'll take a wild guess, the second paying passenger cruise. Unless it's the first intended duty cruise.

Edited by Spif Barwunkel

4 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

An "inaugural" cruise is the first time a ship sails with paying passengers. If I am not mistaken, that would be November 22, 2023. What is a ship's second paying passenger cruise called? I'll take a wild guess, the second paying passenger cruise. Unless it's the first intended duty cruise.

The others are called preview nights.  It is the same as broadway or any theater.  Most opening nights have had one or two preview performances and the previews are not usually free.

3 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Not so on edge.  I booked the maiden voyage, and then they put in two preview Cruises.  No special parties or souvenirs for us.   Godmother was on the preview not the “maiden.” I was disappointed

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

Wow I was on 9 December and we got zip

Interesting, because my DH and I were also on the December 9th Edge and we received all of the Inaugral "souvenirs".  Plus, had a big to-do around the pool one evening with Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, the Captain, and a couple of other people from the head office.   There was a water ballet, music, and an after party.  

Edited by Iamthesea
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tschwa2 said:

The others are called preview nights.  It is the same as broadway or any theater.  Most opening nights have had one or two preview performances and the previews are not usually free.

There you go. We have got 'em all covered.

Edited by Spif Barwunkel
  • Like 2

I'll be on the maiden voyage! And looking forward to it. Dec 3rd isn't her first revenue cruise but it is the first cruise after her naming ceremony.

I went through my emails, and found a Captains Club email from June with the subject "The Countdown to Celebrity Ascent is on." In that email is the headline "BE THE FIRST TO SAIL CELEBRITY ASCENT" promoting the two November short cruises and the December 3rd as the "Maiden Voyage." So the fact that the "maiden voyage" isn't her first cruise with paying passengers isn't a last minute change. It's been out there for about six months, at least.

I'm sure if you want to go down a rabbit hole, you'll find a nuanced difference between an "Inaugural Voyage" and a "Maiden Voyage." 

Me, I just enjoy the fact that others made sure that everything was ready for me on the maiden voyage. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

So the ship is going out on November 22nd for the first time. Is that correct?  Does anyone know the dates and or destinations for both this sailing and the second one before the December 3rd sailing?

1 hour ago, McGarrett5oh said:

So the ship is going out on November 22nd for the first time. Is that correct?  Does anyone know the dates and or destinations for both this sailing and the second one before the December 3rd sailing?

Cozumel for the first leg and Nassau for the second leg.  

11 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Not so on edge.  I booked the maiden voyage, and then they put in two preview Cruises.  No special parties or souvenirs for us.   Godmother was on the preview not the “maiden.” I was disappointed

I was on the Edge maiden voyage (the first one, as there were two, one western and one eastern Caribbean) and we got some special gifts in our cabin, the CEO was onboard for a couple days and they did a special show one night where she spoke.